DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after spending many hours reading and posting on this site (and others) I have decided (I think) on a system for my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Amps:

JBL MS-A10004

JBL MS-A5001

Fronts:

Morel Hybrid Ovation 6-2Way

Rear fill:
Stock alpine powered by stock amp.

Sub:

12W6v2

Dynamat Doors

Hu: stock

Total cost installed by a professional - $2,500

1. Do I need to worry about not having a processor to sum the signal prior to going to the amps? My guy said processor is not necessary with the JBL amps. Is he right?

2. Is $2,500 a good price? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
315 Posts
If your factory stereo is anything like mine (2011 1500 with the RHR), you will need signal summing. No set of speakers on my truck gets a full range signal. That being said get them to throw a Cleansweep or MS8 in there, and open up your options for less expensive amps?

From the brief reading I did it doesn't look like those JBL amps sum the signals?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your factory stereo is anything like mine (2011 1500 with the RHR), you will need signal summing. No set of speakers on my truck gets a full range signal. That being said get them to throw a Cleansweep or MS8 in there, and open up your options for less expensive amps?

From the brief reading I did it doesn't look like those JBL amps sum the signals?
Thank you for the response. I do have the RHR. I guess I will need something to sum the signal. I am driving up to NY to get this done on sat so I hope I make up my mind on amps and a processor soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts