DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
im thinking to buy this small subs cos I changed my car a week ago a smaller car and I have no more room in the trunk for jlw3v3 thet i had in the Previous vehicle
How will the 2 CDT Audio HD-M6+ function in free air as a subs?
Will there be a lot less bass than the 12" jlw3v3 gave?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well first off you are compairing 2 6.5" woofers to a 10 or a 12" woofer. There is a difference there in just surface area. Plus, if you are planning on going free-air from a sealed or ported enclosure, you wont have that back pressure that you get from an enclosure. But, those m6+'s are nice little subs. I have a pair here that i can give you a good deal on if youre interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hi
thanks for the replay.
will it be a big difference i had the sub in a ported enclosure?
How would you describe the bass from these little subs in free air or in small enclosure?
i have jbl 14001 will it be overkill for this subs?or if i use a 0 gain it will be ok?
and yes you can pm me with offer and Details on your m6+'s.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would think there will definitely be a substantial difference when going from a 12 to two 6.5½.

CDT needs to hire a new web design guy. I spent five minutes researching their stuff and left with a headache.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
CDT needs to hire a new web design guy. I spent five minutes researching their stuff and left with a headache.
I can be in contact with their web designer. I've had issues myself navigating their site and I think it's time they did something about it. Would you mind sending me a pm with a few sentences describing your difficulty with the CDT web site? Also I need to know the URL you visited.

Back on topic.

You'll almost certainly be disappointed with the reduced output going from 2 12" subs in a ported enclosure to 2 6.5" subs free-air. Even though the M6+ drivers have 12 mm of peak Xmax, there is no physical way they can move the same amount of air as a pair of 12" subwoofers.

No, you can't use your JBL 14001 on those drivers. It's rated for 1200 watts RMS at 4 ohms. That's 5 times the RMS power handling for a pair of the M6+s. You'd let the magic smoke out of those 1.5" voice coils.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to trumpet
i only use one jl sub not 2.
but as you write the thay dont feet to my mono amp i will back off of this.
any Ideas about 6.5 " subs thet will be suitable for my mono amplifier?
and will sound good as a 10-12 sub?
thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts