DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 complete sets of Alpine Type X component speakers for sale.

2) complete sets of SPX-177R's (6.5" midbass, ring ribbon tweeters, highly adjustable passive XO's with Bi-amp capability, adjustable crossover points via jumpers)

I set 177's sold!!

1) complete set SPX-137R (5.25 midbass driver plus all above mentioned)

These are all 99% to 100% complete sets (more on that in description) they are in perfect, gently used condition, they include original boxes, owners manuals and hardware.

The covers for the passive XO are showing slight signs of use, only the rings for flush mount on the 6.5's are showing very slight signs of use. The surface mount rings, grills, tweeters, drivers etc are absolutely mint, not a single mark or blemish.

On the 5.25" set, 1 piece for the swivel mount tweeter pod is missing, I doubt anyone would use this feature anyway, it isn't built right, it doesn't effectively do what it is designed to do, plus when you try to angle the tweeters within this mount, you end up blocking the tweeters surface area thereby limiting it's output field.. (Junk) The flush mount rings are missing the flimsy fasteners (broke when I tried to use them) Doubt anyone will miss those either, too flimsy to be of any use in a serious system. The XO pictured for the 177 has a screw that strayed in between the jumpers, accidental, doesn't belong there.. OOPS..Will remove it..Other than that, everything is there, everything is mint. Drivers never overpowered or damaged, everything sounds good as new.

Anyone not familiar with these speakers I can tell you this. The passive XO's are Biampable and offer highly flexible tailoring of XO points in addition to tweeter attenuation of + or - 6 DB's in 2 DB increments. Very useful.

The special wood pulp paper cones offer a very airy neutral sound, the tiny ring ribbon tweeters are quite detailed without harshness, their smallish size allows great flexibility for pillar mounting.. Midbass drivers kick hard, no shortage of bottom end, with nice, detailed extension..

I absolutely loved the sound of these when I had them setup 3 way active, but I thought it a crime to scavenge only the drivers from such serious 2 way component speakers. Plus, I came across a deal on Hybrid drivers, so I took these out..

I figure these would be better off in the hands of someone that will use them in the way they were intended to be used ( my application had 2 sets of Alpine tweeters, 3 sets of the awesome passives unused, left for dead. What a waste.)

Besides, I now have Hybrid Audio ;)

I am asking
$175 + shipping per set of 177's
$150 + shipping for 137's.

My asking prices are 1/3rd what these originally retailed for, half of what they are currently selling for (if you can find them)

I have 170 feedback score on Ebay with 100% positive feedback plus a positive rep on Car Audio.com

eggstersampsandstuff on Ebay
lust4sound on Car Audio.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are those the vifa drivers

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
846 Posts
might be interested in the other set of 177's. Ill be in touch!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
might be interested in the other set of 177's. Ill be in touch!
Sorry to hear about your job, it's tough all over!!

If you're working with a budget and are looking for killer sound, I wouldn't snooze on these. Great speakers, awesome comp set, regardless of price..

I have one set sold, while quite a few offers are coming in local. (Craigslist)

Next step is Epay and a few other sites. These won't last at this price.
GET EM WHILE THEIR HOT!!

Fellas, the 137's are every bit as good as the 177's, have a sound that is very airy. A tad bit shy on the midbass side of things, but they make up for it with their incredible detail. For a real simple 3 way system, (Hip Hop and electronic mostly) the 5.25's sound very nice in the factory location with just a pair of subs to back them up. I played with all these drivers in many different configurations. They all sound great in a 3 way system.

Adding to that the fact that Alpine sells a dedicated midbass and passive XO that works with these for a biampable triampable 3 way front stage with crossover tailoring for all 3 drivers. Very versatile. DON'T SLEEP ON THE 5.25's!!

Eggz..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buddy, I have so many people wanting to buy these. If all the supposedly definite buyers fall through, I may be open to suggestion.

So far, I have 4 people that want the 177's. The first one is a local that is wanting both the 177's and 137's, supposed to come tom with funds for those and several other items I have for sale.. If he flunks out, then I have a buddy in line that wants the 177's, if he flunks, there are 2 members in here waiting in line. If they flunk, you have a shot..

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am willing to trade 1 set for a serious HU. Must have delays that are incrementally adjustable, and XO that allows midbass/bandpass with adjustable slopes.

I would love the Clarion 9225? The one with tweeter, midrange, midbass then sub pre out.. That is one amazing HU. I would be willing to work something out with a seller on something like that.

OR, an Alpine HU that is superior to the CDA-9853 with a processor that makes up for the HU's inability to bandpass and delay midrange or midbass, something with adjustable XO slopes and a user friendly EQ also built in.

EG: I want to be able fully control my 4 way system with separate incremental delays, bandpass crossovers for midbass and midrange, with some decent EQing.

Possible cash on top of speakers for the right setup. Let's make this a mutually beneficial deal..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the holdup fellas? There are a few in here that I believe would vouch for me..

I just sold an amp to a happy fella in here that feels that the amp was in better condition than expected. He got a great deal on that..

Also, I dealt with a member who wanted a refund after figuring out that the deal wouldn't work for him. I gladly refunded his money. (granted, nothing was shipped which made it easier)

You fellas know who you are, where are you? Help a fella out!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All deals fell through.. 2 sets still available. 177 and 137..

Will consider trade for high end processor or HU.

If HU, it must have Variable XO slopes and bandpass for midbass, delays and include an additional processor with same to make it a true 4 way system capable of fine tuning all aspects of entire system. I am willing to work some cash into the deal for the right setup..

Or something like an Alto Mobile UCS or Bit one processor with the bugs worked out of it (power supply and noise issues must be bye bye)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lunchtime bump!!

Have lot's of interest, good offers but no one pulling the trigger. To all the members that keep PMing me on these, you had better get off your duffs and pull the trigger.. I am trying to stick to my asking price which is a steal for these and you all know it!!

TN, I may just give you your choice of 137 or 177, I think this one member that I mentioned to you in PM might be stalling me till his next paycheck.... You in?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Someone buy these! Great deal here...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lunchbump..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
L8 nite bump.. So far, have 4 happy members that purchased equipment from me, will vouch ImJustJason, WRX/Z28, Vermithrax, and a new member that purchased the A404.2, (forget his Diyma name).. Now let's get this skunk off the boat (as one member put it) for the remainder of my quality gear!! NEXT!?!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
C'mon fellas, this a great deal.. What's keeping ya's? Another day or 2 and it's off to Epay..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Weekend bump.

My trader points are coming in, a few happy members in here digging my products! The A404.2 also met with accolades, Chris called me personally to thank me for being honest and for carefully delivering a top notch amp!! I'm waiting for him to post some positivity on my behalf..

Off to Epay on Monday. Last chance fellas!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All sold at my asking price!! Just got a PM from Louie that installed them and loves them.. Awesome speakers, almost regret selling.. Thanks fellas..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts