DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the planning process of a new install in an F150, and I think a have a somewhat unusual setup. I'm using an Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP off my factory radio connected to two Alpine PDX-V9 five channel amps. I have 3-way components in the front, coaxials in the rear and two 10's in a sealed box. So far, hooking up the mids and highs looks pretty straightforward, RCA's for the tweeters and mids on channels 1-4 and RCA's for the 6.5s and rear fill on channels 5-8. Where I get a bit confused is how to wire the subs. My best guess is to use an RCA splitter on channel 9 for the left channel on the sub input of both amps and another splitter to send channel 10 to the right input of both amps. Does this sound like the right way to set this up? Or, am I better of using a splitter to send channel 9 to the left and right input of one amp, and another one to send channel 10 to the left and right input of the other amp. Does it even make a difference which way I go with it? I'm also a bit worried that using the splitters will lose some of the voltage between the DSP and amps, but I can't think of any way around that. Any advice you guys have would be super helpful.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
AudioControl DM-810 ch 9 to a Y to the sub channels of one PDX-V9. Ch 10 of DM-810 to a Y to the sub channels of the other PDX-V9. Channels 9 and 10 of the DM-810 should be identical output signals. And I wouldn’t worry about the voltage drop over a Ysimce the DM-810 has up to 10V outputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts