DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am overhauling my sub stage soon and am looking for some advise. The vehicle is a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. Front stage consists of Massive Audio CK6 Stage 5 (running passive) off a PDX F4 bridged (200+ watts going to each door). I have a set of Alpine SWR 843d's in a sealed box running off a PDX M6. These subs sound great and blend very well with the CK6's, but are lacking in overall output in such a large cabin. SQ is extremely important, but I also like it to get loud.

I am set on the Polk SR124's. They seem like a great SQ sub that also has the ability to get low and fairly loud. Plus, I can get a pair at a really great price. They will be going into a sealed box, subs will be directed toward the rear hatch. I don't use the 3rd row seats so this box will be set up directly behind the middle seats.

I have a PDX M6 and could just add one more of these and run each sub on its own dedicated amp. Each would get somewhere between 600-700 watts @ 4 Ohms. Is this enough power? Will I have a hard time matching the two amps?

Not sure if this is preferred/a good idea over just one mono amp running both at 2 Ohms.

The other options I am looking at is to sell the M6 and get one amp for the subs. Right now I am considering:

• PDX M12
  • RF Power T1000 bdcp
  • RF Power T1500 bdcp
  • Other?
Why these amps? I am liking the PDX's I have been using so far and the M12 (or 2 M6's would match the F4). But, will they leave me wanting more power on tap for the sub stage? The SR124 are rated at 700watts. Which is what brings me to the PF Power amps. The T1000 tends to show actual power at 2 ohms in the 14-1500 watt range, while the T1500 produces somewhere in the 17-1900 watt range at 2 Ohms (according to birth sheets). The other factor is price, looking to keep spending at or under $500 and I can get these 3 amps in that range.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

I am now leaning toward the T1500 bdcp. This means my PDX M6 and Type R 843's are going to be for sale.

I like the idea of having the extra headroom for the subs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts