DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking of getting that Fire-Down Sub box for my Mustang - I'm considering 2 1260w Infinity Reference Subs with this amp -

Picture 4 of 6 for Rockford Fosgate PRIME R500-1

It seems to have 2 positive and 2 negative terminals in which it states they are wired parallel internally.

Should I be able to power these 2 subs simply by just matching positive and negative without any special wiring configs? Just match and go?!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking of getting that Fire-Down Sub box for my Mustang - I'm considering 2 1260w Infinity Reference Subs with this amp -

Picture 4 of 6 for Rockford Fosgate PRIME R500-1

It seems to have 2 positive and 2 negative terminals in which it states they are wired parallel internally.

Should I be able to power these 2 subs simply by just matching positive and negative without any special wiring configs? Just match and go?!
Can I have someone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Can I have someone confirm this?
Yes, Its the same as if you connected them to a single channel.
So two 4 ohm single coil woofers will equal a 2 ohm load inside the amp.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Its the same as if you connected them to a single channel.
So two 4 ohm single coil woofers will equal a 2 ohm load inside the amp.
So just to confirm, one sub to that amp can be connected to the far left positive and far right negative.

The other sub can be connected to the middle left positive and the middle right negative and all should be well in the world?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
So just to confirm, one sub to that amp can be connected to the far left positive and far right negative.

The other sub can be connected to the middle left positive and the middle right negative and all should be well in the world?
You could connect the leads any way you wanted as long as the + to + And - to - it doesnt matter.
They are connected on the inside of the amp. The terminals are like that for ease of use just as in your case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts