DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you wire 2 4 ohm svc subs with a 4ohm dvc sub parallel would it reduce the impedance to 1ohm. I know 3 4ohm svc wired parallel attain a 1.3 ohm impedance. I would rather use the amp to the fullest so I was wondering if wiring 2 svc subs with a dvc sub is a good idea. It is a Scosche 1000c1 and the subs I want to use are Polk DXIs 360 rms each. Any info or tips will be gladly taken.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
yes, it will produce a 1 ohm load on the amplifier, but consider that fact that the DVC will be taking 50% of the power and the other 2 SVC sub will get 25% each. this will be hard to balance.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
that is how I would do it, if you already have 2 SVC. the difference between 1 ohm and 1.333 ohms is small enough you wont hear it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is how I would do it, if you already have 2 SVC. the difference between 1 ohm and 1.333 ohms is small enough you wont hear it.
I figured I just though of this the other day. I got them from my friend who got these from best buy for $30 each for being on clearance. So I just need to pick up one more and build the box and get some wires and them I will post some pictures. It may take a few months as being a poor college student sucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts