DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear various Tweet + Mid Combo's out there at various pricepoints. Why you chose them, and what application would they suit best.

I have a fresh build! Please, someone critisize before I take a dive!

Vehicle: 05' Subaru LGT

H.U./Processor: Want to maintain my "stock" look. Plan on either using Alpine PXE H660 or R.F. 3sixty. Still pending. JBL MS-8 + Audison Bit1 out of my price range:(

Front Stage: Looking to drop my old DLS Ultimates and head Active with raw drivers. Since this is my 1st time, I would like to keep it simple with a 2 way active design. Here's my circumstances:

Mid: Mids will be housed in deadened kick panels. Kick panels will be VERY small, and sealed. Mids will be positioned "on axis." Depth is no issue here. Diameter needs to be between 5.25"-6.5." Possibly 7" if you can recommend me a tweet that would cross low enough. Budget: 125 ballpark per mid, so 250 for a pair. Wouldn't mind just spending 90 per driver tho lol. Also, there's not much room down there for the kicks, would it be better to go with a smaller driver, like a 5" so I would have more volume in the kick??? If I were to go with a 6" or a 7" well the drive would basically fill up the whole kick. Hardly any room to breathe, any free space would probaly be filled up with deadener lol

Tweets: Tweets will be mounted in A-Pillars. Depth is no issue LOL. Diameter, I have a lot of play here, up to 3" across. Large format tweets? If I were to drill holes in my A pillars, and set tweets in there flush mounted, they would be positioned "off axis." Can I do this? Run tweets off axis and run mids on axis? Tweeters will most likely be at shoulder height? correct? Budget is 75-100 dollars per tweeter.

Crossover: Will I need an additional active crossover? I know both of those OEM processor upgrades i have listed have full active capabilites. Does this depend on the crossovers of my amplifier?

Amplifier: I plan on purchasing a 5 channel amplifier. Possibly an HD from JL. I assume that I will need 4 channels if I want to go 2 way active, correct?

Substage: Single 10" IDQ in sealed enclosure in trunk corner. Hope this will run off the 5th channel off that HD amplifier lol. Maybe I should purchase another amplifier dedicated for this subwoofer.

Gear/Focus: As close to SQ as possible as my budget will allow me lol. I have a lot of time on my hands. I plan on taking my time with this build, and plan on a LOT of tweaking.

Thankyou all!

...I am sick of seeing the mainstream brands, I would more than love to own something from Vifa, Seas, Dynaudio, and I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON ANYTHING FROM SCANSPEAK. Just saying the name, so sexxy.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts