DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to build a good sound stage in my Audi A4, I’m thinking of using Audison VOCE speakers and a bit one processor.

I was wondering if I can get some opinions and direction if I should go 2 way (6.5” & tweet) or 3way system (6.5”, 3" mid and tweet.)

If I go 3way setup, I would rebuild the A-pillars to accommodate the 3" mids and tweets with the 6.5 in the doors or should use the kick panels?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There's a huge thread on this already, its even on the first page still!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, u did see the thread, and very good reading, but the second part question is where is the best application/location for a setup, ex. Doors, pillars, kick panels?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thanks, u did see the thread, and very good reading, but the second part question is where is the best application/location for a setup, ex. Doors, pillars, kick panels?
That depends on the drivers used. In your case, I don't know anything about the Voce series & their off axis response. It also depends on how much work you're willing to put in either deadening the doors or fabbing up the kicks/pillars.

How much experience do you have in tuning? A 3-way is more difficult than a 2-way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have sound deaden most of the cars and door panels, I got extra kick panels and A-pillars to do my build so i can go back to stock. For fabrication I have some experience, but I am not a pro and this is more of a hobby/interest.

hers iare some pics of my first system i built for my car.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/86071-03-audi-a4-build-log-custom-stereo.html

I am looking to take it to the next level and work on sound imaging and stage. Thats why im interetst in the 2way vs 3way and Kick vs A-pillar. The more ideas and reading, the more i can plan knowing there is trial and error.

Not much experience in tunning, but i have been reading and that might be something i sit with someone who can tune and have them tune the system and learn from them and then move forward on sound stage, inaging and depth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts