DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently ordered a pair of DAT's RK6 components. After much reading, I've got a Version 1 idea of how to run them. Please tell me if I am way off base, chasing my tail here. Not sure if you would call it Bi-Amping or Active, help me out with that, too.

Planning on RCA out from HU --> Kicker KX2 --> ONX4.60 --> RK6 crossover --> Components

Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
well thats not biamped, biamped would be 4 channels going into the passive crossover. you are just runing them amp bridged to get the most power out of it, and running your component set like normal.

so whats your question? and whats the reason of using the kicker crossover if your not even running subs. the kicker crossover doesnt have enough adjustablility to run the components active.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matthewo,
Thanks for clarifying biamping for me. An active setup is what I had in mind, but this is my first attempt at building a system. I'm not fixed on the kicker, just picked it out of a lineup. I would like to plan for a sub later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To keep it simple and considering I know very little about bi-amping and active crossovers, I'm going to stick with the passive crossovers.

The RK 6's are 4ohm and I'm to power them about 100-150 watts per channel (they say 50-250 RMS).
Could I get recommendation on amps? I like what I read about the ONX4.125, and it fits my needs if bridged, but I'm a newb, not a MB Quart fanboy. Suggestions are needed and welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts