1. Abyss Tube
2. Zelos Tube
3. Abyss Project X
4. Abyss Mono X

Equalizers/Processors:

5. Mcintosh MEQ 450
6. Mcintosh MEQ 451

Speakers:

7. Rainbow Reference 2 way set + Custom Alloy Grills + Alloy Baffles - CS 260.30
8. Rainbow Vanadium 4" 2 way set - CS 210
9. A/D/S 335px set

Extras:

10. Brax Multimeter
11. 12v converted Onkyo ND-S1 digital ipod dock
12. Audiocontrol SA-3055 RTA

Cables:

13. 5 x 6m, 2 x 4.8m Chord odyssey Cable

Condition of all items:

1. New - Been Re-Built by Gordon Taylor (Genesis CEO) - to improve performance and power. Puts out over 100 watts @ 4 ohm x 2. Upgraded tubes. I've never used it myself since buying from the designer. Retails around $10k.
2. New - Been Re-Built by Gordon Taylor (Genesis CEO) - to improve performance and heat dispersion. Puts out 15 watts @ 4 ohm x 4. Some upgraded tubes. I've never used it myself since buying from the designer. Retails around $10k again.
3. Basically New (I've used for an hour only - never installed) - Fully Upgraded with burr brown etc. Very impressive amplifier - instantly preferred it over my reference sinfoni 120.4x. 4 x 110watts @ 4 ohm. Retails $1600 + $600 in upgrades.
4. New - Never powered on. Full upgraded as well. 1 x 500 watts @ 4 ohm, 1 x 2000 watts @ 1 ohm, class A/B. Retails at $1600 + $600 in upgrades.
5. Good Condition
6. Good Condition
7. One instillation gash on the back of a tweeter but otherwise good. Will include custom aluminum grills (competition spec) + custom aluminium baffles. To have them made would cost $1k+. Everything is included.
8. Good condition - Barely Used. Odd instillation mark on crossovers. everything included.
9. Little tatty. Work perfect but the crossovers are missing the perspex tops and some odd scratches around the speakers.
10. Fine scratches on the face and one of the corners on the main unit has snapped off.
11. Took a small chunk out on the side. Added an invertor to make it work at 12v. Will also include a 6ft cablejive dockextender cable ($32 cost.) Includes box and everything.
12. Great. Higher SPL mic. Works on battery power. Has carrying base and spl meter and everything.
13. One end on each is terminated with chord banana plugs. Covered in new grey techflex and heatshrink. Not installed since completed.

Total Price: :

1. $5000
2. $5000
3. $1000
4. $1000
5. $150 (in USA)
6. $150 (in USA)
7. $4000
8. $350
9. $1000
10. $150
11. $250
12. $600
13. $600

Shipping Terms: :

Everything is in England unless otherwise stated. The stuff in America cannot be sent until January (either the 9th or after CES)

As a rough guide of postage costs: (They will be sent through my fathers company (international mail order) and you will be charged what I am, so it will be a lot cheaper than standard postage.)

USA: $30 for 2kg, $80 for 10kg etc.
Japan: $50 for 2kg, $120 for 10kg etc.
Europe: $20 for 2kg, $30 for 10kg etc.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ImageShack Album - 6 images

Send me a message if you want me to e-mail you high-res's.

Additional info:

Reason for sale: I have been selling my collection over the last year privately, but have decided to make it a bit more public. I live in America 10 months a year (without a car) and I have some new business ventures and other things that the money would better be used currently. I will undoubtedly be looking to buy most this stuff back in a few years when I have got a more settled life.

I will add additional stuff over the next couple of days and clear this up a bit when I get a chance.

Communication either message me here, or e-mail [email protected] or [email protected] (no pictures on this one)

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Paypal is fine. (though would prefer a less costly method.)

I'm not adverse to shipping anywhere in the world but some of the 'dodgier' countries will come on a case by case. I'm unlikely to sell to somebody with no feedback anywhere.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
302 Posts
A little more work, but it might be helpful if you put up individual pics, with more detail. Those are some pretty costly items, and we all like to see audio art. :laugh:

Just my $.02

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all.

Most the pictures are up.

Dad has just brought a few more bits home from work that I will debate putting up.

The Abyss Project X is sold. Will be a very happy buyer!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appreciate it thank you.

The ODR is sold yes. I really have very little car audio left a part from this lot. These are basically my best and final pieces that were for an install which no longer looks like it is going to happen anytime soon.

The Brax multicontroller is sold.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Audiocontrol RTA prov sold. Just waiting to send the final shipment quote which I will get tomorrow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bump for a great guy to do business with. Great communication and fast shipping.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
still so tempted for the rainbow reference to match my luxman amps...willing to offer a layaway plan? lol
Deposits are always fine to hold something! Drop us a message if you want to talk about them!

Rest of the photos are in the album.

I will find the grills and baffles in a bit to photograph them properly. Here are some older pictures of them though:

Money received on the Abyss Mono x - just waiting for it to process in bank.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This may be a stupid question as I am fairly ignorant to the audio world and just getting started, but what makes these worth 10k new.. and what is the point of the tubes?

·
Registered
671 Posts
still so tempted for the rainbow reference to match my luxman amps...willing to offer a layaway plan? lol
I would LOVE to demo those Reference Rainbows sometime. I'll be getting a set of the 2 way Rainbow Platinum active set in the next few days. I wish I could afford the Ref's!

Senior, GL with your sales! Unbelievable gear you're parting with.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You will enjoy the Platinums, very pleasing speakers, Great midbass (and nice on the eyes as well!) - The references build on this and are an amazing all rounder. They keep the same authority but provide right upto the top end.

This is what is left:

Amplifiers:
1. Abyss Tube
2. Zelos Tube

Equalizers/Processors:

5. Mcintosh MEQ 450
6. Mcintosh MEQ 451

Speakers:

7. Rainbow Reference 2 way set + Custom Alloy Grills + Alloy Baffles - CS 260.30
8. Rainbow Vanadium 4" 2 way set - CS 210
9. A/D/S 335px set

Extras:

11. 12v converted Onkyo ND-S1 digital ipod dock

Cables:

13. 5 x 6m, 2 x 4.8m Chord odyssey Cable

I still have a few more things to put up but being really lazy sorting it at the moment.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts