DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be in oem location, not much mounting depth. Will be paired with dynaudio md100, oem front subs (non-burmaster). I want to go fully active (3-way) with a single sub in the trunk. Go!

· Registered
504 Posts

One not in here that people like is the CDT audio unity 8's. Theyre on the small size but they're pretty shallow. Or the 7.5s for off axis playing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
800 Posts
Check out the Stereo Integrity M3 Carbons. I just put those in my car (tried out a few other speakers as well before deciding on those). I don't think the Unity 8s would make sense for this install, since he has an MD100. I like the Unity 8s, and installed those in my brother's car, but that was a tweeterless application, which I think is what the Unity 8s is more known for. I'd think he'd want the 3 or 4" mid to play a bit lower, though.

· Registered
504 Posts
My thought process was that since people like the unity drivers so much then it's midrange should be very solid. If it's upper response was good but it's mids were rough it probably would get a lot more criticism. And the extended response also helps with finding a good lowpass.

But it will not cross as low as a 4 inch. Thems the beefy ones.

Side note, I like my audiofrog gs25s. Also on the small side but they've been crossed over at 200hz lr4. You may can find them used under 200.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
For your price point I think you’ll have a hard time finding better than the M3 carbons @Anu2g recommended (assuming you get in on the pre-sell).

Reactions: Anu2g

· Registered
780 Posts
Here’s what I have, only two of them and only used for testing to make sure they worked and I did mount them for the test. I used them for testing a few low powered tube amps and then only ran them for no more then one hour total

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.