DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 96 Accord was totaled (85yo ran a red light). I got a 2000 Maxima and want to put a system in it. The Accord had:

Panasonic CQ-C9701U
JBL GTO75.4 -> Crystal Mobilesound SSCS 6 in deadened doors
RF P4002 -> 2 IB Image Dynamics ID8v3 D4

I'm looking for better SQ and a little more output. I listen to wide range of music from classical to metal. I don't like how the SSCS tweeters sound for heavier music, electric guitars, etc. I am atm considering:

Panasonic CQ-C9701U -> RF 3sixty.2
RF P4002 -> Vifa XT19 in the A pillars
JBL GTO75.4 -> ID OEM's (already have) in deadened doors
Kenwood Excelon X1200M or KAC-9104D -> JBL W12GTi MKII sealed, in trunk corner (I want to conserve most of the space, especially the pass-through fold down seats)

Am I headed in the right direction here? Or should I just keep the stock Bose system... j/k :) I'm keeping the budget (with deadener, wires,etc) under $2000, the lower the better.

btw does anyone know the power handling of the Vifa X19's?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm also considering Seas Neo Aluminum's (27TAFNC) for the tweeters. I need a tweeter that can play low enough to blend with the ID OEM's and keep up with them output wise without much distortion. 2500Hz seems to be a popular crossover point for the OEM's. The tweeters should probably have descent off axis response too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why not buying a very good head unit instead of the 3sixty and the panasonic?
The Kenwood 9104D is not so powerful, maybe the other one is better.
You can find a lot better amplifiers for your sub!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Why not buying a very good head unit instead of the 3sixty and the panasonic?
The Kenwood 9104D is not so powerful, maybe the other one is better.
You can find a lot better amplifiers for your sub!
I already have the Panasonic (I'm using most of the equipment from the Accord). I will probably upgrade it to a double din NAV unit eventually when they improve. There seems to be a lot of complaints about the NAV units out now, slow response / boot up times, crashing, etc. Most HU's don't have the extensive tuning abilities of the 3sixty.2, so having it will make finding a HU much easier regardless of what type I go with. The only thing I don't like about the 3sixty.2 is that it's really only setup to run a 2way + sub. If it had another 2 channels for a 3 way it would be great.

The 9104D will probably put out around [email protected] (CEA rated at [email protected], [email protected]). Maybe a little more head room would be better.
The X1200M should put out around [email protected] (CEA rated at [email protected], [email protected]).

I wasn't able to find many CEA rated amps that are rated much higher for the same price range.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try to buy an used amplifier : you can find some very good deals on this site or on ebay.
For the hu you could try an Alpine 9886 or9887, or a pioneer prs 880.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts