DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Viper 150 ESP. I'm trying to figure out the PK3 module wiring to bypass the factory Passkey security system. Below is the wiring list on the back of the module, and I'm using the Grand Prix wiring site to try to figure out what to hook up to:

Red -- 12V+
Black -- Ground
Blue -- (-) Remote start
Green -- Key Sense
Purple -- Data (I/O)
Pink -- IGN (ECM side)
Pink/Black -- IGN (Key side)
Blue/White -- Fuel Enable

Red and Black are obvious, and Blue connects to the remote start unit.

I think Green should connect to BCM Connector 2, D2, Light Green, Key In Ignition Input (-).

I have no idea what Purple should connect to.

I think Pink should connect to BCM Connector 2, C13, Pink, Ignition Feed.

I don't know what Pink/Black should connect to.

I don't know what Blue/White should connect to.

Can any1 help me out?

·
Registered
130 Posts
All wiring is usually/should be done at the Passkey module at the ignition switch.
Almost... all of the wire colors on your PK3 module will match the wire colors on the vehicle.
Wire up the Red, Black, and Blue wires of the PK3 module as you have already described

Key Sense is Lt Green in the vehicles Ignition Harness

Check for the following wires at the PK module on the vehicle
Pink - Ignition (Wire gets cut in half and ends go to Pink and Pink/Black of your PK3 bypass module)
Purple - Data
Dark Blue - Fuel Enable

Other documents that may be helpful (I can't recall if 2004 still had same wiring as the 2000 model)
View attachment 97 & Up Grand Prix.pdf
View attachment Grand Prix.pdf

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to get access to another Grand Prix that has the same remote start system installed. So I copied the wiring for the PK3 module.

After finishing the wiring in the 2000 GP, I tried starting it w/ the factory key to make sure the car still ran. It started and ran fine for minute or so before I shut it off. Then I removed the key and shut the door. I waited until the interior light went out, and then I was gonna try remote starting the car. However, when the interior light went out, the headlights came on! I tried remote starting, but nothing happened.

Then I noticed smoke under the dash, coming from the PK3 module. I unplugged it, but it smelled pretty burnt. I may have fried it.

I tried starting the car w/ the key again. It started, but only ran for a couple seconds before stalling. I ran a jumper wire to reconnect the pink ignition wire, and after that the car started and ran fine. So that tells me that I cut the correct pink wire.

Based on the symptoms, it seems like I probably connected the wrong ends of the pink factory wire to the module. But I triple-checked, and I know that the end of the factory pink wire that goes up into the steering column was connected to Pink/Black -- IGN (Key side). The other end of the factory pink wire connected to the large junction block deeper under the dash, and that is connected to Pink -- IGN (ECM side). So what's the problem??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts