DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
That's funny. I actually need one for the car. Everything is coming out. I'm working on the final trunk build now. Plus I have to swap trunk lids still.

·
Banned
387 Posts
I went with this combo under the front of my passenger front seat:

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
So I've always used 3M headliner adhesive. I have never even had a bubble develop that I remember. Well it failed now. Not sure if it was the Naugahyde backing or what. So I didn't even get to post pics of the headliner and sunroof cover in. Everything is back out. I bought some Weldwood Landau you and spray gun. Won't be coming off again.

I also decided I'm ditching the tablet.
Like the Sound Monitor hu just not enough support for new features. Only Huawei and they lost American support.

I'm going all in on Raspberry pi. I've mentioned in here before my son was working on it last year. He got it working. Now I'm taking over to get it run on 4G and eventually use Nissandatascan.
15952553918672802857234397091526.jpg

Sits nicely in clocks spot.

IMG_20200720_105533029_HDR.jpg

I'll modify the clock bezel to hold it.

IMG_20200720_105446969_HDR.jpg

There's plenty of room under the dash for any Pi hats and it's directly on the HVAC trunk line. So it will be climate controlled.

Reactions: naiku

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm diggin' the wiring mods!

Reactions: Theslaking

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I'm diggin' the wiring mods!

It's all because I decided to keep the factory look. Well at least the last and biggest straw in the pile.

I always liked the smooth and simple look of the gray dash in these cars. It doesn't seem cheap at all in person. I had one with the wood grain trim and I like this more. That's the main another big reason I decided against the tablet today. I just like how the factory vents make a nice smooth transition to the dash.

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I'm also having 3 SW8000 subs rebuilt to better suit a IB install. The fins match the Sound Monitor amps so they will go together nicely in the trunk. I plan on using a flat piston cone that matches the SI's I have in the doors.

[ATTACH
sw8000.jpg
type="full"]274660[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice sub

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
i hope you can make it to an NCSQ meet so i can hear this iteration.
Me too!

I made it down the first year I had this car. Then a big baseball tournament fell on the meet weekend two years in a row. I still don't know why Jason doesn't plan around my kids schedules. Must not have liked the coffee and dogs I brought down. :unsure:

If it happens this year I should be there.

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
This little bt keyboard is sweet. The mouse pad works well l, it's backlit, has a rechargable lith-ion, and was only $15.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice! I love those little pads and the track pad is necessary imo for a Pi/CarPC setup. I've been through 2 or 3 as they seem to burn out after a while but they're so cheap who cares.

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I spent about 12 hours messing with the RPi OS's. Installing and installing the different systems. What I have found is I want Android and by far the best version for Android is Lineage 17.1. It runs extremely smooth and all the apps except one I tried from the play store work.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts