DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Videos will come as soon as i get a camera that will let me use a mic in so i can continue to take stereo, higher-fidelity recordings.

i recorded the system in the Accord using a Zoom H2 stereo recorder. set it at 24-bit, 44,100Hz. The Zoom H2 has built-in compression (which was set on Studio) and four mics (i used the front 2) in a stereo arrangement. Held at my neck while i drove from work to home. It's about a 5 minute drive so enough time for a song. Windows up, A/C on.

320kbps mp3 due to file size (12mb) being reasonable.

My Skydrive folder has the audio files.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9BE5812AB35E1D9E!354

Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers - "React" and "A Day at the Races"
the pause at 2:31 is me changing the 9887 T/A preset from 2 seat (equal left and right) to 1 seat (aligned to driver's seat). you can hear the difference (thanks to the stereo mics)

I don't normally listen to hip-hop, but since many do, I started with this.

Then I took a longer trip up north and took recordings while driving 65MPH on the interstate. i should probably replace them with recordings done in my garage so the noise floor is a bit lower, but it gives a good indication of what deadening has done to lower noise. it's fairly quiet for interstate driving in a Honda.

Tool - Ticks and Leeches
Tool - Right In Two
Pink Floyd - The Wall Disc 2 (3 tracks)

build log is here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/66357-2001-honda-accord-diy-sq-6.html

i'll do a video once i get a good mic interface to ensure the recording is of good quality. for now, you can listen to fairly well recorded stereo audio.

xtant 3300c for subs (and future rear stage)
OZ 300H in custom TB (removable)

xtant 403a (x2) for front stage.

9887 with a DRE-A200 as a crossover between mids and tweets.

Vifa tweets in spheres

Silver Flute as midbass

currently running a Dayton RS100 in the side kick, nothing in the floor. realized i didn't take an updated pic of the driver mounted.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
uploaded three more tracks, recorded while the car was parked. Recorded as 44.1kHz 24bit, then I increased recording level in Goldwave and exported as 320kbps mp3 (for file size). no clipping in these, full bandwidth, stereo recordings from the driver's seat.

Fiona Apple: Sleep To Dream

STP: No Memory/Sin

RATM: Take The Power Back

i did take some videos, but the good one is too large, and the others have clipping. i'll have to greatly decrease sub level.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Great recordings. I listened to part of Ticks and Leeches, and some of Sleep to Dream. I hadn't heard Fiona Apple since she was still on MTV. I'll check out the others later.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
How do you like the Silverflutes?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like the Silverflutes?
I am happy. A lot of effort went towards the install of them, but they give me what I want and do it effortlessly. The size was awkward and they didn't give me the low end extension I wanted until I out absorption in the door cavity. Now I can run them lower and higher with much better (natural and flatter) response.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the xtant amps flush in the trunk. Very Nice. Wish my trunk panels were that flat.
Just gotta make them. Flat is fairly easy, tit did take some mock ups and multiple measuring... But it turned out fine. Not as flashy as some trunks, but functional and durable.

I do lose some trunk width, which I notice when my 30-06 case doesn't fit... But golf clubs do.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The trunk is very nice. Functional and still has a nice presentation.
:beer:

Tapatalk owns my productivity.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Just gotta make them. Flat is fairly easy, tit did take some mock ups and multiple measuring... But it turned out fine. Not as flashy as some trunks, but functional and durable.

I do lose some trunk width, which I notice when my 30-06 case doesn't fit... But golf clubs do.
Oh I see. Yeah I could have made mine flat but wouldn't want to lose the trunk space like you said.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I love ticks and leaches. probably my favorite tool song. sounds awesome, good work. how do you like the mids in the kicks?

And three days grace! good choice of tunes man

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love ticks and leaches. probably my favorite tool song. sounds awesome, good work. how do you like the mids in the kicks?

And three days grace! good choice of tunes man
I love the mids there. You cannot locate them. Everything is above the dash, even without T/A. Time alignment just shifts the centr of the soundstage and tightens midbass.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Niiiice recordings. Sweet system man. The Wall made me absolutely giddy, cause I know how good that must sound in person!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was lucky enough to be at the Xtant release in Atlanta. Guy walks up and asks me what I thought of the line....told him I was impressed. Asked me what I thought of the new Rockford amps. Told him they looked like someone stole em from Waffle House. I was talking to Jeff Scoon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts