DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up people! I bought the truck in October. I'm using the Pioneer deck, wiring, and Boston Acoustic GT-42 amp from my previous truck, the 96 Ranger SuperCab I sold in December. The F150 came with Kicker KS68's. I wanted to install my Kicker 08S15L74, but I can't make the 8.75" mounting depth work. So, I had 2 Lanzar RMP15D's lying around that only need 6.3" depth. I still needed to modify the rear seat to get the subs to fit. Here we go with the seat modification.

1" x 1" steel tubing from Home Depot.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Difference between modified 40 seat and stock 60 seat. The brackets raised the seat 1" and moved the seat forward 3".

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have yet to see a F150 SuperCrew with 15's behind the rear seat on the net. So, that was my inspiration! Here is the sealed box design with 3.45 ft3 internal air space.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installation!

The Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1D is brand new from X-mas 2010. It's been sitting in the basement for a year. The GT-42 is from X-mas 2008 along with the L7 15. The wife & son (18 now) got all 3 of them for me for surprise gifts. I got the Pioneer deck off Craigslist in 2009 for $60.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The system exceeded my expectations!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm seeing them fine.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Very nice install and excellent use of the equipment on hand.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the install but do the subs smack the back of the seat?
Thanks SPL! I thought they would too! I do plan on getting some grills for them. The sound that comes out is unreal! Like I said before, the system exceeded my expectations!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, nice working packing 15's in the screw. Im still struggling to get a single 10 under the seat of a 2001 ext cab.....
Thanks M! I almost bought a black SCab 4.6 prior to this truck. I actually leveraged the price on the SCab to get the guy with the SCrew to come down on price.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Do you happen to have any exterior pictures of the truck?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice install and excellent use of the equipment on hand.
Thanks CT! I actually forgot about the BAMF amp. The wife brought it up in a conversation when I working on the seat brackets. At the time, I was only thinking about the GT-42 amp since that was the only amp in the Ranger. I have some other amps lying around...2 RF Punch 45's, 2 Profile California's A400 & A440XL, Power Acoustik Fire & Ice FI2X-1600, Audiobahn A2150HCT (I have it hooked up to a 18" Yamaha bass bin in the basement), Fultron Competition, & Autotek 7600BTS (broken).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanks CT! I actually forgot about the BAMF amp. The wife brought it up in a conversation when I working on the seat brackets. At the time, I was only thinking about the GT-42 amp since that was the only amp in the Ranger. I have some other amps lying around...2 RF Punch 45's, 2 Profile California's A400 & A440XL, Power Acoustik Fire & Ice FI2X-1600, Audiobahn A2150HCT (I have it hooked up to a 18" Yamaha bass bin in the basement), Fultron Competition, & Autotek 7600BTS (broken).
i love the bamf power acoustik amps. seriously overrated, but crap they sound good. I've had no issues with mine other than a shorted voice-coil causing it to pop which supposedly was my fault. the solder seemed a little tall on the v/c to tinsel lead and would bottom out, but i was over driving at that point.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you happen to have any exterior pictures of the truck?
The front got caught in a drive way picture when I posted the Ranger on Craigslist. I'll eventually take some exterior pics. It's like this tho'. It has no window trim pieces and a soft bed cover. Same color, deep wedgewood blue...I call her Midnight!

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Now that right thare is a sharp looking truck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts