DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Orion XTR PRO 1000 for the subs and I'll be getting an Orion XTR250 for the mids. I'll be cleaning up my wiring a little bit as well. The enclosure will probably be about 3.2sqft tuned at 32hz. And it will be subs up port back with the amp rack over the subs. Should look good and I'm gonna try and get it metered at a show in early august.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished the box and finished carpeting it and started putting it in:

Put the XTR 250 in and it sounds incredible, you actually can't even really describe the clarity that these old school Orions put out, you'd just have to hear it:

Put the false floor on and attached the battery tray:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put the box in and started hooking up the battery and attaching the amplifier:

Just re-used the wiring from the Sundown and cleaned it up a little to make it fit the 4 gauge terminal:

That's as far as I am right now, gonna keep working on it and finish it up as soon as my drill is re-charged :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I just got them hooked up and I have to say that I am seriously impressed, they sounded clean and hit really tight. A lot more than I expected and I haven't even really tuned them yet and they're only getting 250 watts each.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finishing up the install and putting everything back together, been up since 6 am working on it:

Didn't plan this but I like how it looks between the seat, kinda cool I think:

I have to say that so far I am so thoroughly impressed with these subs and they sound so clean, hit the lows and get loud, they're not even broken in yet. I will leave more updates on anything else I do and what my opinions are of these things, so far A+ in my book.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts