DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm finally coming around to my new system. This is what the System will consist of:

Headunit - Kenwood DNX-8120
Fronts - Dynaudio 342
Rears - Dynaudio 242
4/Channel - Sundown Audio 100.4D
Subs - 1 AudioQue HDC312
Sub Amp - AudioQue 2200d
Power - Yellow Top/Kinetic600/180amp ALT

I am trying to accomplish SQ with the needed THUMP.

I had a question on how to setup the 3 way system though...As of right now this is what I was thinking...Do you think this would be ok imaging wise? I know I have a few features on the new Kenwood that will help w/ the imaging, etc.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I'd seriously reconsider driver location. Can you move your tweeter to A pillar area? What's in the kick panels as far as usable space goes?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't do anything in the kicks because of my huge feet and the car being to small. I wouldn't have enough room :(

And whats the A pillar? I can't fiberglass so if thats needed I wouldn't be able to do that :(

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice start w/ the sweet gear.

The plan for mid (and tweet) placement looks weak though. The mids should be the furthest away speaker, in the kicks or in the A-pillars.
LoL thanks. :fyi: this is like 7th system. I'm not a noob just never done a 3-way set

·
4,981 Posts
hehe, looks like we are simultaenously embarking on a CL-S build, i am starting this one tommorow, an 01 :)

i agree wtih the previous statements though, not suggesting you ar a noob at all when it comes to car audio, but this could be one of your first crack at a true SQ install?

if so, and if you want to get into the whole ream dealing wtih imagine, staging, as well as good tonality, i also suggest a modification of your design.

if i had your gear, i would prolly do:

midbass in stock location
midrange in kicks, the dome dyn tweets work well and take up very little room
tweets in A pillras

well the two way set you have slated for the rear, and instead spend it on a decent DSP.

then you can go fully active on the 3 way set upfront and the sub.

IMO that would give you the best results in terms of achieving overall SQ versus your current design.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I'm not trying to go for an all out SQ system here.

But the tweeter in the A-Pillar and the Midrange in the Kick, but I don't have any fiberglassing skills :( So I really don't see that as being an option, cause trust me I want to do it!

So w/o putting the tweeter in the A-pillar and the kick do you think it will throw everything off? Or will it still sound pretty good?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hehe, looks like we are simultaenously embarking on a CL-S build, i am starting this one tommorow, an 01 :)

i agree wtih the previous statements though, not suggesting you ar a noob at all when it comes to car audio, but this could be one of your first crack at a true SQ install?

if so, and if you want to get into the whole ream dealing wtih imagine, staging, as well as good tonality, i also suggest a modification of your design.

if i had your gear, i would prolly do:

midbass in stock location
midrange in kicks, the dome dyn tweets work well and take up very little room
tweets in A pillras

well the two way set you have slated for the rear, and instead spend it on a decent DSP.

then you can go fully active on the 3 way set upfront and the sub.

IMO that would give you the best results in terms of achieving overall SQ versus your current design.
The only reason I didn't go active was because I had already purchased the 4 channel amp and would've bought the DLS 6 channel if I choice to go active...I also wasn't planning on buying a three way set this time around either lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am fairly new here so if its frowned upon to pass on another good forum for fiberglassing here just let me know and I will remove this. But if you go to fiberglassforums they have tons and tons of very helpful info to get you started in fiberglass work. The only thing is you will have to register if you want to actually see the forums, but it is free so its all good. It really is very simple if you want to learn it is easy to pick up and almost impossible to screw up. Just a thought but you really would be surprised how easy it is. Heck if I can do it pretty much anyone can :laugh:

·
4,981 Posts
well, i think if you pick up another sundown 50.4 or 125.2, you can use that to poewr hte midbass, and the 100.4 on the mid and tweet.

as for glassing, umm...which antioch are you? you may be able to fit the midrange in the kicks without classing, and the pillars, depending on where you are, i can may be lend you a hand :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, i think if you pick up another sundown 50.4 or 125.2, you can use that to poewr hte midbass, and the 100.4 on the mid and tweet.

as for glassing, umm...which antioch are you? you may be able to fit the midrange in the kicks without classing, and the pillars, depending on where you are, i can may be lend you a hand :)
:( I'm in Antioch, il thank u anyways as I see ur in Cali :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 - 20 of 80 Posts