DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to upgrade my front speakers to either Dynaudio Esotec or Audison Voce. I will be doing a 3 way component system. I currently have two JL Audio 13w6v2 subwoofers in my trunk ported through my back seat. Also if anyone could give me some advice on a good amp for the components. I am willing to pay up to $800 for the amp and $1000 for the speakers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, David

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
installed correctly, I bet you cant wrong with either comp set.

do the subs have an amplifier or do you need an amplifier for the comp set and subs?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone has experience with either of these speakers, i'd really appreciate the feedback. especially with the voce of if you have heard both, but any help is great!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running a JL HD 1200/1 to the subs. I was really just posting that for reference of my whole system. Do you have any recommendations for the component's amp?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you like the JL HD line, stick with that. arc audio, zed audio are two other good brands.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, have you ever heard the Audison voce speakers because I have searched and haven't found a huge amount of feedback on them. They are a bit cheaper and look nicer imo but from what i have seen so far they aren't quite as good as the dyn esotec line.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
nope, sorry. I have heard the dyns, but they are out of my price range, lol.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I have the same car - interested in your plan for installation locations. There is a chance that the size of the drivers you are looking at may influence your decision based on how you are going to mount them or available air space.

You might pm Ryan (Slade1274) - he has some experience with the Voce, but I'm not sure how much. Jerry (Niebur3) & Don (6spdcoupe) has a lot of experience with the Dyn drivers (dealers).

As stated previously - if installed and tuned correctly, you will likely enjoy either set of drivers. Also, I'll echo the sentiments about the JL amp - very solid for what you are looking to do. Would like to see some pics of the car and what you already have going on in there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't made any specific plans yet for the locations but when i figure it out i will be sure to post some pics. Right now I have just the subs and my old alpine HU. I will post some pics soon of the sub enclosure for sure. The two amps I was looking at were the HD 600/4 and the zed audio 900/4 dreadnought. i posted another thread hoping to get info about the dreadnought but haven't gotten any responses yet. Thanks for the references and i'll do my best to keep you up to date with my install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts