DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,103 Posts
Can you go into detail a little more about what you're planning on doing?? Does the car have the HK setup?? What is the budget??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you go into detail a little more about what you're planning on doing?? Does the car have the HK setup?? What is the budget??
Yes,it does have the HK setup. I asked him as to why he wanted to upgrade and he said the radio doesn't work most of the time and when it does, the speakers crack and pop.I'm not familiar with the HK setup,so I come to you guys.Budget around $1500 max.

·
2,103 Posts
Is he looking to add a subwoofer?? or just the cabin speakers, head unit and amp??

·
2,103 Posts
Hopefully some guy here will be able to give you some idea. i'm trying to go through it in my head, and i'm murdering the budget.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully some guy here will be able to give you some idea. i'm trying to go through it in my head, and i'm murdering the budget.
That is what he says his budget is now.That could change at any given time. What kind of prices are you coming up with? I know he's asking people at work and they are saying nothing can be done.Radio won't fit,etc. I told him I would find out for sure before we do anything.I have put my share of systems in cars for friends over the years,but not a BMW.

·
2,103 Posts
Kenwood Excelon KDC-x395, AudioSystem X-Ion 165 E46 Component kit, Gladen Audio RS 4 Channel, Rainbow Hurricane Sub. This would be the little brother to a job I did not too long ago.

Another option could be the Jehnert Door pods with a solid 2 channel a the same head unit. this option would yield different results and you most likely wouldn't need the sub in the trunk.

The issue would be finding a dealer for this collection of products in your area. Now that the general facts about the car are out there, it should be easy for guys here to steer you in a more available direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts