DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I need some help. I have a 2002 Monte Carlo ss with the onstar and factory amp and I'm wanting to increase overall sound quality. I have no idea what's good anymore as I've not kept up with the audio world for awhile. I'm looking to spend around $2-300. I know it's not alot but that's what I got at the moment. Just looking for some ideas if anyone could help. It's all factory and it sounds decent but I'm looking for a little better. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
What do you want to improve the most?

Overall sound quality? - In a car that age, replacing the OEM speakers will probably improve the response a bit.

More bass? - Add a subwoofer enclosure & amp.

Interface features (bluetooth, USB, iPod)? - Replace the radio itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should've clarified that a little lol. My bad. I want to replace the factory speakers and hu. So I guess my question should've been for the amount of money what would be the best stuff to go with because, like I said, I haven't kept up with the market for awhile.

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
For $2-300, and depending on the features you want in the head unit, I would probably just get the head unit and front component speakers.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRS or Alpine CDE-147/148/149 (depending in features)
6.5" Components: Pioneer TS-D1720C or JBL P660C

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd look at an alpine HU that has a 9-band parametric EQ and nice crossover. CDE-147BT for about $160-180 if you shop around, or used even cheaper. Speakers might be more of an issue, if you can get by with just the front stage, you can pick up some SPR-60C's if your system has components, that would be around $150, or if you can fit coax you can shave off about $50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts