·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have been having trouble with google's recent "photos" site for sharing pics on forums, so I'm reposting a couple pics from this thread.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

I made a quick and dirty plate to mount the tweeter in this location. I'm going to test it out and see how I like it.

The positioning is not ideal. After I test them out I'm going to work on moving them farther toward the pillars.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finished both sides.

Crossovers are set at 1500hz. They sound decent - still have to spend some time level matching the mids and playing with settings.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I recently did a 02 S for a guy. He had the stock single din so our conversion was all involved. The heater controls were relocated, added the new pocket and installed a Pioneer App radio. Took the car into the future where it belongs. His oem amps were still in use, though the amp was marked 996 and not 986. The car also had the bose subwoofer, which could only be tamed by playing with the xover points.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I recently did a 02 S for a guy. He had the stock single din so our conversion was all involved. The heater controls were relocated, added the new pocket and installed a Pioneer App radio. Took the car into the future where it belongs. His oem amps were still in use, though the amp was marked 996 and not 986. The car also had the bose subwoofer, which could only be tamed by playing with the xover points.
Moving the hvac is a pain. I decided to keep mine where it is.
Most parts on the car are actually marked with 996, as they shared parts to save costs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I made some progress! I'm not happy with the mounting at all, but I can fix it over the winter when I think of a solution.

Here is the temp setup:

Pioneer GM-D8604 after I sanded the front plate down some. I have more work to do on this.

And here is the amp mounted in place of the CD changer:

The previous owner of the amp must have had it reverse mounted, and had drilled two holes through the case. I cut off the mounting feet for space reasons, so I was going to use the holes to run screws into the OEM CD changer bracket. This plan went south when I drilled the holes too large, and the screws easily stripped it.
Plan B was running zip ties to hold it in place.
As far as solutions go... I may put some nylon or leather straps to hold it in place.

Another stumbling block was with the limited space, I had to improvise on the RCAs.
The only 90deg RCAs I could find locally were $17 a pair, and I thought that was ridiculous. So I cut the plastic connectors open, and just ran them like that for now. There may not even be space for real 90 degree connectors. I could always just solder right to the board, or make my own hot glue and shrink wrap dressings.

Sorry for the shitty pics. I'll take better ones when I am happier with the outcome.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Any noise with this Bluetooth adapter
No noise, it actually works and sounds great.

bcbsox said:
And then?
Not much.

I did just get my Dayton RS150P-4A in today. So I can start working on mounting them into the door enclosures.

Unfortunately, it seems as though my water pump has failed so I have to fix that. This came two days after I had finished fixing the voltage regulator:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I also ordered some ND28F to try out instead of the TB ceramics I have in the dash now.

Last time I used the ND28F, I had 3 per side, on axis, in a partial array, and it was amazing.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts