DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Lots of updates!

The waterpump was shot. I didn't want to risk driving it to my friends lift, so I replaced it in my garage on jackstands, along with a new Tstat, some random hoses and coolant.

I got a set of spare door enclosures, and mounted the Daytons in with some grinding, and spacers and caulking.

The swap was real easy once I had the enclosures assembled, it took me about an hour to swap enclosures on both sides.

most importantly, I removed the BOSE logos from the doors.

When the humidity drops below 99% I'll spend some time in the garage tweaking xovers and levels - and I still have to swap in the Dayton tweeters.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I did quite a bit of hacking on my dash mounts to put the Dayton tweeters in

The aiming puts them away from the windshield a couple degrees, and in toward each other slightly.

Currently crossed at 4k (Minidsp's Bessel filter: 12db/octave?) I want to bring the crossover down some, so I'll try out steeper slopes after I let them run-in a bit. Pretty happy so far with tonality and resolution

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Updated system diagram.

The tweeters seem to have run-in, I'll be messing with levels and crossovers this weekend.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Dude this is shit ton of work you have done its awesome!!! Love car big Porsche fan.
Thanks!

I did a little tuning this weekend. Brought the crossovers down to 3k - I think what I was listening to was a problem. It was Smashing Pumpkins Disarm, but I think it was a bad rip - More harshness than I expected, and very little info in higher fqs. I'll stick with the IASCA or Sheffield drive CDs I have.

In non audio work, I painted the discolored plastic on the front bumper.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well this car is gone now. We traded it in toward a bigger car for the wife.

I kept the Denon, but I'm considering selling it.

I am now daily driving a 2016 Impreza 2.0i, so that's exciting! At least its manual. I'll start a build thread shortly but I just ordered some Dayton RST28F tweeters since they are on sale.

·
Registered
359 Posts
All the years as a Porsche tech at a independent shop. When that model came out no o e would work on the mid engine car.
And me being the low man in the totem pole I was the one that had to work on those and all of the front engine ones Porsche’s.
I learned to love them. I did a lot of track setup for Sebring Florida race week
Those little things turned out to be good little track cars. After pulling all the a/c and heating stuff and anything not needed for the week long racing. And had to make room for the Becool cooler and hoses for the cooling suit. I had the weight setup to a 51% front and 49% rear. It was easier to get the 50/50 but the 51/49 worked better for the left and right turns
Now I’m disabled and did my last track car 6 plus years ago. I never thought I would miss those 18 hour days for race week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 67 of 67 Posts