DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just gathereing together all the equipment needed for my new build its my Second and hopefully last build on my car as I was a little disapointed with the first build but a lot of the hard work is already done so the next build shouldnt be so much of a headache but here are a few pics of my first build

the Headunit which is about the only thing remaining from the first build its a NAK CD400 with custom facia to try to make it look as OEM as possible

The doors are already fully sealed so wont have to do much work to them just new baffles when I swap the drivers I used 1.1mm plastic heated to shape to fill the voids in the doors and then stiffenned them with deadener

[email protected]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I modiffied the rack for the CD changer as a rack for my amp in my first install

and housed the Amp and crossovers in the rack

And all the wiring is in place ready for my next build

Had to slightly modify the existing battery clamp as swapping it would have been a real pain

[email protected]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice i look forward to seeing/hearing this ;)
Sure haven't even started the second build jet just gathering the equipment together for it!
It should hopefully be this list to install
Nak CD400
Possibly Bit10 or Helix P DSP
2x Arc 2075SEs one for each side
Morel MT23s
Possibly Dynaudio MW162GTs
Arc KS500.1
Possibly Morel Ultimo SC10 or Seas L26ROY
Van Damme cables

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure haven't even started the second build jet just gathering the equipment together for it!
It should hopefully be this list to install
Nak CD400
Possibly Bit10 or Helix P DSP
2x Arc 2075SEs one for each side
Morel MT23s
Possibly Dynaudio MW162GTs
Arc KS500.1
Possibly Morel Ultimo SC10 or Seas L26ROY
Van Damme cables
Still waiting on most of my list hopefully my first SE2075 will be here soon and I can swap out my amps and get the ball rolling:)
heres a link to my first install
Buwalda Hybrids International Bulletin Board • View topic - New Basic first time install

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Yeah we never got the E46 even though it was a better car than the E36. But I doubt it would have sold well...given that the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe was available then. Even still...both were too expensive for the target buyer...especially if you added a couple of options. Nevertheless, Ti is a fun car and a cool car to do a system in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah we never got the E46 even though it was a better can than the E36. But I doubt it would have sold well...given that the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport Coupe was available then. Even still...both were too expensive for the target buyer...especially if you added a couple of options. Nevertheless, Ti is a fun car and a cool car to do a system in.
We got the E46 in America, we got alot of them. Just none with headlights like that.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Ok..not to confuse. We are talking hatchbacks here....USA >E46 Hatch=no, E46 Sedan=yes

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
We got the E46 in America, we got alot of them. Just none with headlights like that.
Omg so much misinformation. North America also got the E46 coupe and convertible as well as the sedan.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really?:rolleyes: No misinformation here. I know about the E46 offering for the US. You are not telling me anything that I don't already know.

This post is about the hatchback Ti or "Compact", it is assumed that is the body style I was talking about. Why are you guys being so literal about this? If you want to go there...lets not forget about the the "Touring" or wagon as we know it here in the USA. We all are Bimmer fans here. I had a 1996 318Ti SPORT myself, I always wanted any gen M3, and I drooled over the 1995 540i M-SPORT for years. NO! I am not a Bimmer know-it-all, but I know a little something about the cars.

Here are pics of my old car...and one with the interior stripped at the start of an install:

Now if I post something about quantum physics please do go behind me and correct my mistakes.;)

OK, now back to the E46 Ti programming... To the OP, can't wait to see pics of the 2nd build on your Ti.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, now back to the E46 Ti programming... To the OP, can't wait to see pics of the 2nd build on your Ti.
Hopefully some more pictures will get this back on track and people either love or hate Compact ti's for me its all about whats practical I like BMWs but needed either a hatch or an estate and Im not keen on estates as I dont have 2.4 children:)
Just recieved these in the post
Morel MT23s

And have some Hybrid Ovation 6s on there way to me so thats the front stage sorted I was considering Dyns but was having dificulty Demoing them and these came up at a really good price so jumped on them :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really good lookin' build!

As a Compact owner myself it's really fun to see your build. I mean it isn't so many Compacts in this world and only a few that being modified :( (Except Germany but I don't count with them)

Good luck!
(And excuse me if my english sucks, I'm swedish so I'm usually speak swedish :p)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Matt, Buffdaddy from TA ;)

Interesting the new front stage you have chosen, i'm just about to get some Hybrid Ovation 6's too :D excopt with the MT22 tweeter. Interested to see what you do with them and maybe we can get together for a comparison sometime when the builds are alot more far forward?

Gav

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Really?:rolleyes: No misinformation here. I know about the E46 offering for the US. You are not telling me anything that I don't already know.

This post is about the hatchback Ti or "Compact", it is assumed that is the body style I was talking about. Why are you guys being so literal about this? If you want to go there...lets not forget about the the "Touring" or wagon as we know it here in the USA. We all are Bimmer fans here. I had a 1996 318Ti SPORT myself, I always wanted any gen M3, and I drooled over the 1995 540i M-SPORT for years. NO! I am not a Bimmer know-it-all, but I know a little something about the cars.

Here are pics of my old car...and one with the interior stripped at the start of an install:

Now if I post something about quantum physics please do go behind me and correct my mistakes.;)

That is correct.
US got the E36 Compact but never the E46 Compact.

Kelvin

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Matt, Buffdaddy from TA ;)

Interesting the new front stage you have chosen, i'm just about to get some Hybrid Ovation 6's too :D excopt with the MT22 tweeter. Interested to see what you do with them and maybe we can get together for a comparison sometime when the builds are alot more far forward?

Gav
Sounds like a plan ! They will be going in stock locations mids in bottom of doors and tweeters in the sail panels! Just waiting on a few more bits and pieces before I can start installing everything!
Where abouts are you based?

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,778 Posts

Oh ok I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

Btw, I'm on my third M3 right now :D. My past M3s include:
1999 Coupe Alpine White/Mulberry 5spd
2005 Coupe Alpine White/Gray SMG II

And currently a 2004 Coupe Imola Red/Black SMG II. As you can tell, I love these cars :)

Thanks for posting pics too..always love seeing pics of BMWs with upgraded audio.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts