DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks good Russell!! Personally, I would have kept the trio of Mosconi amps :) Good luck with the build.

Yea, a lot played into that decision but when I can plug the PA tube amps in and very little EQ work versus a lot of EQ work on the Mosconi's.........

It was personal preference, the Mosconi's sounded great but to me the older, cheaper Zed built tube amps were just better choice to me and even with the Brax when cost came into play. Just wasn't worth the extra cheddar for name brands or eye candy factor........

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got the amp rack for all the amps done last week. Unfortunately I ended up having someone else do them, back to work and wasn't sure when I would have time to get the car down to Mark to have him do them.

In the process of getting everything wired up. Still on the fence if I want to bridge a second hvt754 on the Dynaudio 170's or run the axtu600c. Guess I'll make a decision this week............

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got both the US Amps mounted on the amp rack, might still switch out the 600c for the 754 tho........

Waiting on some wiring and another pair of PA amps to finish.

Had to make some spacers to mount the amps. Cheapest option cost wise I found at the local Home Depot was some copper tubing.

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Wait a minute. You have Dynaudio 170's in your doors? Any pics of that. I didn't think they could fit.

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think I took a couple pics, I'll find them and post them.

Took some trimming and 3/4" spacer(if I remember correctly, can confirm in the morning) but fit very good now.

Still have a little more work to do on the doors but have to try sometime this winter to finish the doors up.

· Registered
171 Posts
Got both the US Amps mounted on the amp rack, might still switch out the 600c for the 754 tho........

Waiting on some wiring and another pair of PA amps to finish.

Had to make some spacers to mount the amps. Cheapest option cost wise I found at the local Home Depot was some copper tubing.

Thats cool, any heads up on exactly how you did it. Whats holding the rack from behind?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Awesome build. Could you post some pics of your final pillars? Your car is really inspiring me to push through on mine.

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'll get some pics up once I get the pillars back from Mark. Hopefully get time in the next week or so to get together with him so I can get the pillars and the Dr will have time to do a little tuning on everything.

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok so it's changed a little.

Right now .......

US Amps axtu1000c - Dynaudio mw170 (x2)
Arc Audio xxk2500 - IDMAX15d4v4 (x2)

Doubt it'll change unless I get a deal on another xxk2500..........

· Registered
5,778 Posts
Well, I don't know what happened there......I'm positive I posted on this thread last week, but don't see nuthin' now........

Looks good Russ. I like what Ryan did with the amp rack - looks good, functional, out of the way. I'm looking forward to hearing those tube amps as well. Tube amp on those XRs should be a very good combo.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.