DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Ok so it's changed a little.

Right now .......

US Amps axtu1000c - Dynaudio mw170 (x2)
Arc Audio xxk2500 - IDMAX15d4v4 (x2)

Doubt it'll change unless I get a deal on another xxk2500..........
Man! You change amps like most folks change draws. Are the Arc's really superior sounding to the tubers?

I've been eyeing a couple of Zed made tube amps bnib, on Amazon.

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well, I don't know what happened there......I'm positive I posted on this thread last week, but don't see nuthin' now........

Looks good Russ. I like what Ryan did with the amp rack - looks good, functional, out of the way. I'm looking forward to hearing those tube amps as well. Tube amp on those XRs should be a very good combo.
Thanks Jason! I'm excited to hear the xr3's in an actual enclosure instead of the cheap pods I had lol. I'm hoping it'll be an even better sound out of them.

Ryan's good people! Known him for a long time........

Man! You change amps like most folks change draws. Are the Arc's really superior sounding to the tubers?

I've been eyeing a couple of Zed made tube amps bnib, on Amazon.
Can't comment much, this will be the first Arc Audio amp I've tried. All the searching I've done I haven't seen anything negative about Arc Audio amps, specially the SE and xxk series ..........

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Wow those adapters are big! If it's not much work I may have to consider them. How deep are the adapters?

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I think it's two MDF rings at 3/4" height each.

It really wasn't very much work but worth it in the end!

Going to try and finish the doors later this winter, at least before spring........

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Yeah I figured that. I like seeing that it can be done though. Can't wait to see the rest

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah I figured that. I like seeing that it can be done though. Can't wait to see the rest
X2!! I have an 07 accord and would loooooove to use the dyn 8's for Midbass. I have a dumb question. What is the door card?? Does your accord have the compartment to the right of the speaker? This what mine looks like. It seems like cutting around it would cut into that compartment.

Attachments

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Door cards are the interior door panels.

It took some trimming on the inside of the door panels to get the 170's to fit and of course some metal on the doors themselves. I'll get a pic of them installed in the next couple weeks. I need to do some work on the door panels anyways so I'll be taking them off.

I had someone make me some MDF spacers, like I said I think they were 3/4" each but can't remember the diameter but I matched to the 170's.

I wish I could fit a Morel 9" in the doors! May consider those first of next year if myself or Mr Worrell can get them to work ;)

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
While I've been waiting on the pillars decided to do a few things.

Of course had an issue with my battery as soon as I got cold so went ahead and replaced it with the die hard platinum......wasn't cheap but the muffin cranks up perfectly everytime now!

Picked up the ODR RD-7x power line filter, figured it couldn't hurt trying it out and the PAC SWI-RC kit to keep the steering wheel controls.

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Still waiting on my pillars but sent the amps to the Dr to get a check up while I wait .........

Super excited, lovin the way they look!

The Arc Audio amp I was going to run had some technical issues so won't be using it in the build. Going to just keep it all OS on the amps and run a Lanzar Opti 2500.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.