DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
does the cts look like the cts v? decent gear though i suppose. i never liked kenwood, i had a sub blow form em once for no reason, on one of their "Clean power" amps and it put a rather bad taste in my mouth. i would of gonne with all infinity amps for that setup i think :\ they have a decent track eccord.
is that vibe the 4 channel? ive always been very interested by them, they have a rather interesting 3 way set up on sonic.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_31676_VIBE-Audio-SPACE6.html

they might of went well with that amp, id of been interested to hear how they do, btu i am still interested in how their amps do.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Good luck! I am anxious to see results as I am battling a few issues in my V.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the kappas are the only pieces I'm regretting getting, I wish I would have went with the vibes. They were just the only things I bought before doing 2 weeks of research. I may upgrade to the vibes later

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
the kappas are the only pieces I'm regretting getting, I wish I would have went with the vibes. They were just the only things I bought before doing 2 weeks of research. I may upgrade to the vibes later

sell the kappas. people do stuff like that all the time on the forum. i bought like 5 amps before i chose my amps :laugh:

and im not even really sure if those vibe 3 ways would be that awesdome, their interesting...probobly decent sounding to be sure. but you have to be carefull with stuff like that, you dont wanna end up with drivers that dont give the impact you desire, nothing more annoying than getitng into a car with a sound system you hate every day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sell the kappas. people do stuff like that all the time on the forum. i bought like 5 amps before i chose my amps :laugh:

and im not even really sure if those vibe 3 ways would be that awesdome, their interesting...probobly decent sounding to be sure. but you have to be carefull with stuff like that, you dont wanna end up with drivers that dont give the impact you desire, nothing more annoying than getitng into a car with a sound system you hate every day.
we'll see, maybe I'll just keep them and then eventually replace my front comps with some better ones. one last question I have, with the pieces I have, should I use a crossover? I have a kicker kx3 already if i need one

·
Registered
132 Posts
aww memories.... Lets see some install pics :)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i just saw a cts in a parking lot today guess i found out the answer to my question :p

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
What kind of issues are you having with your cts? Anything I should look forward to?
it's a ****ing cadi bro, that's some quality stuff. the trim work is probobly a PITA to be sure. thats why i like GM< their clips are nice to work with, except when they break you cant just replace pins like some of the japanese stuff. idk what kind of clips cadalac uses. are they owned by crysler? and who owns crysler? idk i always forget that ****.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
it's a ****ing cadi bro, that's some quality stuff. the trim work is probobly a PITA to be sure. thats why i like GM< their clips are nice to work with, except when they break you cant just replace pins like some of the japanese stuff. idk what kind of clips cadalac uses. are they owned by crysler? and who owns crysler? idk i always forget that ****.
You seriously dont know who owns cadalac as you call them?

To the OP, I am going to be in the market for a new car in the next 8-10 months and a CTS is one of the cars I am looking at. Be sure to take plenty of pics and log what you find as you go thru the process. Looking forward to seeing what you run into

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

To the OP, I am going to be in the market for a new car in the next 8-10 months and a CTS is one of the cars I am looking at. Be sure to take plenty of pics and log what you find as you go thru the process. Looking forward to seeing what you run into
:rolleyes: I've never owned one and never looked into buying one. nice cars but out of my price range. I'd take a 300 over this car though (crysler) perosnaly. I just love that car. dave's 300 is my fav :D haha love that thing. great for bigs guys like us too XD never been in a CTS but it looked roomy from the one i walked by.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
Its a GM and its spelled Cadillac and Chrysler. Cadi's have only been around for 70+ years and all have been under the GM umbrella.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Not only is this my first time opening up a CTS, but its my first time installing anything in my car (I'm actually paying someone to do it for me while I assist them), so I will be taking plenty of pics so when I need to replace pieces later it will be much easier

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i'd of helped ya for free out here :p i love working on cars. buts its to cold and wet up here :( in fact i think its snowing out right now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'd of helped ya for free out here :p i love working on cars. buts its to cold and wet up here :( in fact i think its snowing out right now.
all good, its like low 60s here so its not bad. I'm from NE ohio so I'm used to cold and wet anyway

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Low freq nulls on the midbasses. Around 80hz

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Sorry. When you put a speaker in a car the sounds bounces around a TON. When this happens some frequencies get boosted and some get reduced. A null is a deep cut or reduction in output centered around a specific frequency. So in my case I have a HUGE reduction in output at 80 hz.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts