DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations. I have base stereo with 6.5 comp in front 6.5 coax in back doors and 3.5 center. No steering audio controls.

Looking to upgrade. I have lots of true 5.1 surround music including DTS and DVD Audio 24/96. I would like to keep factory system and use alternate source available. I would like to use a digital output of a Mac or other to provide source material

I have looked at ms-8 but without digital input that won't work for me. .

Auto 5.1 auto tune a must. Also would be open to speaker upgrade recommendations

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey let me know if you find something that works for you. I bought the MS-8 before I found out it won't playback my DVD-A multichannel mixes and was really upset about it. When I switch the the stereo mix on many DVD-As Logic 7 plays it back pretty well but still not as good as the original 5.1 multichannel mix.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looking for recommendations. I have base stereo with 6.5 comp in front 6.5 coax in back doors and 3.5 center. No steering audio controls.

Looking to upgrade. I have lots of true 5.1 surround music including DTS and DVD Audio 24/96. I would like to keep factory system and use alternate source available. I would like to use a digital output of a Mac or other to provide source material

I have looked at ms-8 but without digital input that won't work for me. .

Auto 5.1 auto tune a must. Also would be open to speaker upgrade recommendations

Thanks in advance.
What type of signal is coming digitally out of your MAC?
If you can send a Dolby digital AC3 or a DTS encoded signal, the Alpine PXA-H800 has a digital input that I believe will decode that to 5.1. Also has auto-tune.
As far as DVD-Audio, not sure who still supports that.
The discontinued F1 processors would play DVD-audio.

Are you trying to retain the factory head unit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.