DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting the install on my 2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Ext. Cab. I have finally made my decision on the equipment I will be using. deck-Eclipse AVN6620, Phoenix Gold 15x Eq, Amplifiers Alpine PDX 4.100 and PDX 1.600, Front stage Morel Hybrid Ovation 6" with a mt-23 tweeter, Rear doors JL 6" subs, Subwoofer- JL audio 13w5 thin mount 13 subwoofer, I have started the box. The JL sub only needs .80 cu ft. so I am making a box that will go on the back wall of the truck. I went and bought a sheet of mdf and worked until the rain hit. More pics soon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pics of my box build with 3/4 mdf

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got a brad nailer and finished assembling the enclosure. I have to take it to the stereo shop to have the hole routed out for the JL 13". After the hole is cut I will finish making the box air-tight and use filler to fill all the box imperfections. The box is 32 x 14.5 x 4.5 x 6.0. I have a total of .83 the woofer requires .80 so I built a little larger for displacement and bracing.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This weekend I will be busy pulling out the interior panels, planning my wiring route, removing jack, removing jump seats, and planning the damping. I will also be working on my boxes in the rear doors that are going to hold the JL 6" subwoofers.

·
Registered
973 Posts
awesome! post some pics of the truck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the head unit and I need to get pics of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
sweet, check out my thread on my 03 fx4.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking at it now how do you like the woofer?

·
Registered
973 Posts
well i havent powered the woofer yet, but if it sounds as good as it looks and people say it sounds, ill be happy. going for sq, and ive read great things about this sub and sq

·
Registered
973 Posts
damn u, just read u gonna be using pdx amps. those are the exact amps im gonna run when the money comes!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do I get the big pics like on other threads

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
Get a photbucket account, they're free, upload your pics there. Then link them in here by copying the IMG code of the pic you want.

·
Registered
973 Posts
This weekend I will be busy pulling out the interior panels, planning my wiring route, removing jack, removing jump seats, and planning the damping. I will also be working on my boxes in the rear doors that are going to hold the JL 6" subwoofers.
im interested in seeing this. i seen a thread somewhere of a guy who put 8s in his rear door. ive thought about this myself, but just gonna keep it simple.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some 8w1's I could put in the rear doors but I think the 6w0's will be alot easier to work with and require less power while still performing like I need. I may hold off this weekend on removing the panels I am worried about breaking stuff when it is cold.

·
Registered
973 Posts
yea, let me know when we can cut a sheet of wood! im ready to get this sub installed! i was thinking about trying to glass my PDX amps into the rear doors. well if i ever buy new amps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe this weekend we can cut if it gets decent. I have no room in my garage, so I wheel the saw out into my driveway to cut. Do you have a cut sheet? I might try to buy a brad nailer tommorow so I can build some other boxes. I will pm you my number later.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Maybe this weekend we can cut if it gets decent. I have no room in my garage, so I wheel the saw out into my driveway to cut. Do you have a cut sheet? I might try to buy a brad nailer tommorow so I can build some other boxes. I will pm you my number later.
sounds good. i do have a cut sheet, well not really a cut sheet, but a paper that says all the sizes needed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some more pics seeing how it will fit in the rear of the truck. I have removed one jump seat and the jack holder. I have to remove the rear panel and figure out how to secure the box the woofer alone weighs around 18lbs plus the box. I may be able to use the factory mounting points for the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 43 Posts