DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

621 - 629 of 629 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any more info on the enclosures you built for under the seats? Curious to build one myself just for under the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Any more info on the enclosures you built for under the seats? Curious to build one myself just for under the passenger seat.
What kind of info are you looking for? I will say that I think that I have come very close to maximizing the volume available under the seat without encroaching in to the rear footwell so much that the rear seats become useless. Total internal volume is right around 0.6cf per enclosure.

There have been a few other commercially available under-seat enclosure designs I have seen for the xB. JL made one, as did Elemental Designs and Elegonics/Quarter Wave Designs. I had the Elegonics model in my wife's xB for several years, but sold it a while back. If you look hard enough, you might be able to find someone looking to sell one of those enclosures.

·
Premium Member
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
No super tweets? I’m out. Lmao
I'll leave that and the dash-mounted $50 5.25" coaxes to the other 95% of xB owners. ;):laugh:

I look forward to seeing the updates in your car.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll leave that and the dash-mounted $50 5.25" coaxes to the other 95% of xB owners. ;):laugh:

I look forward to seeing the updates in your car.
LOL I have another stack of goodies about to go in again.

A bunch of stinger X2 interconnects
some phoenix gold amps
my DSP3
all different wiring
toslink source into the processor
Audiofrog GB12s
new subwoofer box
new batteries
finally sound treat the roof.

Only thing holding it up is im building my wife Flex at the moment lol.

·
Premium Member
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
LOL I have another stack of goodies about to go in again.

A bunch of stinger X2 interconnects
some phoenix gold amps
my DSP3
all different wiring
toslink source into the processor
Audiofrog GB12s
new subwoofer box
new batteries
finally sound treat the roof.

Only thing holding it up is im building my wife Flex at the moment lol.
Nice. I am slowly getting around to changing out my old DEH-80PRS for the DDX-9905S. While I am in there, I am changing out the old Knu Konceptz RCAs for some homemade cables I put together, adding a back up camera and a URC.3 for the DSP.2. That should all be done before this weekend.

I have other changes to make after that, but I will probably until after the Rock-It MECA event up in Mt. View.

·
Registered
249 Posts
its been a while , how are you liking your newer headhunt now? I now am optical out into the helix processor but think im going to change processors again.

·
Premium Member
8,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
its been a while , how are you liking your newer headhunt now? I now am optical out into the helix processor but think im going to change processors again.
I'm still loving the Kenwood. At this point, I see no reason to change it out for anything else. If I did, the newer version of the unit I have (DDX9907XR), but I don't see the upgrades/updates worth the effort of swapping.

Which processor are you looking to switch to?

621 - 629 of 629 Posts