DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been kicking around the idea of getting a second gen double cab Tacoma. We just got a new home, and having a truck would be helpful.

1) It seems like people are putting subs behind the driver side rear seat, but it also looks really tight. Do you know of any subs that work well there?

2) If I decide to forego the sub, do you think swapping my GB60’s for some AD W800 Bro’s will help fill in the low end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
A bunch of 10” subs fit, i have a Dayton HO behind the passenger seat. With 8” midbass in factory location i dont feel i “need “another sub. I plan on adding another when and if things go back to stable,

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Save yourself some money & time. Get a good pair of 6x9 for the doors. 8" will work but there's the issue of sealing the mid to the door panel to channel sound into the cabin. Much easier with the size it's meant for although 8" works ok.

The midrange and tweeter are fairly easy so there's much to choose from. Subs.... a pair of 10" that can take a small box but still play smoothly will be your friend. The Dayton HO is what I usually preach, but if you don't want to run a lot of power, subs similar to the Peerless XXLS 830876 (now defunct) works great also. Peerless has a new version while Scanspeak has one that almost emulates the older version (somehow I keep wanting to think it actually is a Peerless design).

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts