DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got some free time to update this thread.
So these are what the pillars looked like after 3 layers of 1.5 oz mat and sanded with 40 grit paper on a DA.

Then I added a layer of Rage Extreme. Very nice to work with and super easy to sand.

Then I painted a few coats of SEM texture paint.

And here they are in the truck. I'm not sure what I want to do with them next so for now they are staying where and how they are.

You can kinda see how far they project out toward the middle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
So....first impressions....AWESOME! I only have the three-way Hertz front stage in and minimal rear fill. I still need to finish the sub box, paint it, and install the woofers. But with the volume about half way up the truck pounds hard. I am going to back off the input to the mid woofers on the cross-overs once I get the sub woofers in. For now everything is flat and I still need to get off my butt and tune the amplifier. Also with all the deadening I put in, there are still some rattles to chase down with the volume up. For anyone doing these Chevy/GMC's you need to put some silicone around the switch/control plates in the doors! With the midrange and tweeters facing each other I can't tell with one side dominating the other with everything balanced. I wish I lived close to someone who could sit in it and tell me how to improve it but to me it sounds incredible and I am totally happy with it. Once the sub woofers are in I think it will be plenty for me. I'm into quality rather than loudness so I think this system will fit the bill nicely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow.... would love to see some finished results!!! Im looking into re doing my 06 duramax crew cab, and this thing is awesome! Wish I knew about the aluminum for the doors!!!!! That's a sick idea! Awesome idea with the foam filler to make a seal, I will doing this as well!!

And first install..... BS! haha no man that is just crazy!!!! Good on you bro!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I need some help guys. Some asshole decided to help themselves to my stereo and the hertz 6.5 and the rear 6.5 and my amps. So I need a replacement 6.5 Woofer for the hertz 163 components and an 8” suggestion for the rear components. Needing 4ohm to go with the existing crossovers. And I need amp recommendations to power the two front components and the two rear components. I believe the rms of the hertz components is 150 and the rear the same.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts