Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is system layout so far:

Front doors: CDT CL-69sub 2ohm
dash: CDT unity 8.0
Rear factory location: CDT HD-690CFX 2 ohm

Amps: JBL 3ez
jBL 504ez

DSP: Dayton 408

Had amps and DSP laying around so why not use them. But need to come up with a sub. The 3ez gives me 500 wats at 2ohms. Don't have anything in current collection I think would work. Would like to go to a single 15. Don't really want to spend more than $300 (which is more than I bought the van for). The SI SQL looks super
interesting but don't think I have enough power but I would pay a little more if yall think it sounds worth it. Dayton doesn't offer so a dvc 4ohm 15. Any other suggestions??

Reactions: MetricMuscle

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
But need to come up with a sub. The 3ez gives me 500 wats at 2ohms. Don't have anything in current collection I think would work. Would like to go to a single 15. Don't really want to spend more than $300 (which is more than I bought the van for).
SPL, SQL or SQ?
Ported or Sealed and maximum enclosure size?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SPL, SQL or SQ?
Ported or Sealed and maximum enclosure size?
SQL ported or sealed. Probably 2.5 cuft max. Want to use half of rear stow n go area

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Not much to choose from with these constraints:
  • $300
  • 500W @ 2 Ohms
  • 15" small sealed or ported
The biggest problem is the 2.5 cuft which is small for a 15 unless you have a bunch of power (SQL with 2-3kW).
Most of the contenders are going to be SPL starter brands like Sundown (which are not bad but they need big boxes) or something like a Rockford P3 but again, big box. But I did manage to track down one that's very close...
Which works surprisingly well in 2.5 cuft at 28Hz:
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Line

Dead on xmax at 500W:
Rectangle Slope Font Line Screenshot

With Cabin gain manages to hit 126dB at 32Hz:
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: tbomb

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I really appreciate how far you went into that for me. I started off with just trying to use what I had. I mean I barely spent $400 on van in the first place. I have a 2ohm kicker solobsric 12c. I may just use that until I can justify the cost and move up in power. I'm already diving down the Helix/audison rabbit hole and just have to stop myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts