DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2005 Nissan Maxima 99% of the work was done by a local installer due to limited time on my part.

System is about 80% done, All 3 amps are installed, wired, powered, with speaker cables ran for active 3-way front stage, as well as for subs.

DSP is installed, semi-tuned for just a active 2-way front stage for now.

Installed by me is the head unit, video bypass, steering wheel control adapter, bluetooth module. RUX controller for sub amp was finished up by the shop. Note, I completely botched the dash trim mod to fit the double din. I'll remedy this as I plan to get rid of all of the "chrome/silver" trim in the cabin by painting those surfaces a satin black, and will pick up an after market unit to replace the OEM one.

Equipment:

ComponentDescription
Head UnitAlpine IVA-W505 w/ TUA-T550HD HD Radio Module
BluetoothAlpine KCE-400BT
ControllerAlpine RUX-4280 (Connected directly to Sub amp)
AmplifiersAlpine MRV-F340 4ch (55w/ch) Mids & Highs
Alpine MRV-F340 4ch (110w/ch bridge) Mid Bass
Alpine MRD-M500 Mono (500w @ 2 ohm, benched 590v @ 2 ohm, 13.8v) Subwoofers
DSPAlpine PXA-H701
SourceAlpine CHA-S624 6-Disc changer w/ SPDIF
Component SpeakersDiamond Audio HEX H600S (Newer revision)
Mid Range SpeakersDayton Audio DSA-90 8-Ohm 3" Aluminum Cone
Subwoofers2x Hertz Energy 300.5 12"
EnclosureSealed, 1.25 cu-ft per sub. 3/4" MDF w/ 1" MDF baffle, carpeted
WiringKnuKonceptz OFC
1/0 power and ground from battery to distribution
4 AWG power and ground from distribution to amps
12 AWG speaker wire from amps to mid-bass and mid-range
18 AWG speaker wire from amp to tweeters
RCA Cables are custom hand made triple twisted pair silver cables, silver solder and Rean RCA ends. RCAs were created by RSD Cables, check them out on Facebook.

Subs will be coming in next week, A-pillars are getting done on the 15th of July.

Future plans include swapping the 12's for a pair of 15's in a trunk baffle and an upgrade of the sub amp to a MRD-M1000.

The interesting part of this platform are the doors on this car. From the factory, it comes with a metal plate to cover all of the service access for the window motor regulators, so it effectively seals up the doors into a semi sealed cavity. Combine that with the dual layered damping (outer door skin, inner door skin) and FAST rings along with very rigid mounts for the mid bass, almost no acoustic energy is lost.

Presently in its current configuration as only a two way active front stage (no mid range drivers and no subs), I have the midbass bandpassed at 56 Hz and 2 kHz with -24db/Octave slopes on either end and on some songs I get a faint 60 Hz resonance kick in the chest which to say the least is impressive.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very Nice!!!! I have an 08 Maxima and I just revamped my setup, and I went with the spare tire well for amp location myself. Your setup is layed out nicely and the attention to detail is on point.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Super clean install. If I could nitpick though, why so much tension on the wires? Specifically the RCA’s that worry me. You got killer cables, I wouldn’t want to risk damaging them by bending them so sharp. I mean, they’re in and they’re working (at least some of them that you know), but it just seems like asking for trouble.
My wife has a 04 Maxima, curious to see what you come up with for the a pillars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super clean install. If I could nitpick though, why so much tension on the wires? Specifically the RCA’s that worry me. You got killer cables, I wouldn’t want to risk damaging them by bending them so sharp. I mean, they’re in and they’re working (at least some of them that you know), but it just seems like asking for trouble.
My wife has a 04 Maxima, curious to see what you come up with for the a pillars.
Byproduct of the install from the shop, I also am not super keen on the tension, I plan to go through and release tension where possible. I'll have pics up of the A-pillar's soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated the thread with pictures from the install bay of the A-pillar build. Soundstage is great now, much higher and more focused. Everything is super bright however, so I will need to spend a lot of time taking sweep measurements to prevent my face from being melted off.

Subs are in but there's an issue with signal output from the DSP on the center/sub channel. I need to dive in and diagnose what's going on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts