DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its possible to add an aftermarket head unit to a 2005 Nissan Murano? I have search Murano specific forums, but to be honest am not finding a whole lot.

So far, all I have found is that its not possible with the Bose head units as they are tied into the A/C controls. However, you can install one in a remote location. I am looking at a Murano with what appears to be the base stereo. Hoping that I can put a Kenwood KIV-BT900 in there.

Crutchfield shows no vehicle specific dash kits, but another site I found had one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Does anyone know if its possible to add an aftermarket head unit to a 2005 Nissan Murano? I have search Murano specific forums, but to be honest am not finding a whole lot.

So far, all I have found is that its not possible with the Bose head units as they are tied into the A/C controls. However, you can install one in a remote location. I am looking at a Murano with what appears to be the base stereo. Hoping that I can put a Kenwood KIV-BT900 in there.

Crutchfield shows no vehicle specific dash kits, but another site I found had one.

Thanks.
No you cannot easily add an aftermarket stereo easily into the Nissan Murano. Both the Bose and the entry-level systems have the audio system tied in with the A\C controls.

The only option would be to add it in another location.

Eric

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you cannot easily add an aftermarket stereo easily into the Nissan Murano. Both the Bose and the entry-level systems have the audio system tied in with the A\C controls.

The only option would be to add it in another location.

Eric
Thank you, just confirmed what I had been reading. That sucks. Do you know if either system has the option of an Aux input?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts