Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vehicle: 2006 Acura RL
HU: Sound Monitor CDT-450x
DSP: Rane RPM88
Fronstage: Dynaudio esotar2 650, Dynaudio esotar2 430, Dynaudio esotar 330d
Subwoofers: Morel Ulitimo SC
Ampifiers: Steg CLasse A, Audison Thesis Sedici w/tomohaw chip, ARC Audio 4200se, Steg 2.02

Until I can paint the dash kit and do a walk through here are some pics of the trunk.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Car sounds amazing...in MECA, it would easily score mid '80s...absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the videos when I get home.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Whats funny is his car sounds almost exactly like the video sounds.. LOVe the CAR LOVE the VIDEO.... Congrats on finally finishing it!! And that other thing!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
how can you say it sounds like the video if its recorded in mono and played back on your computer speakers?? ... that seems more like an insult to me :uhoh:

can you do a system walkthrough in daylight? :)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how can you say it sounds like the video if its recorded in mono and played back on your computer speakers?? ... that seems more like an insult to me :uhoh:

can you do a system walkthrough in daylight? :)
Tonally, I can hear my car's sonic signatures in the video on my pretty decent headphones. :)

After I finish all of my finals and have some time to paint the retrofitted dash kit I'll do a walk through.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
WOW, that sounds nice. Congrats.

FWIW (and I mighnt have to post this) but I recorded with my Canon HD camcorder my car and my wife's van (stock system) and through my computer speakers, they sounded identical, and they are soooooooo not in person. Maybe I tried recording at too loud of volume and the camcorder attenuated the difference. hmmmmm????

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW, that sounds nice. Congrats.

FWIW (and I mighnt have to post this) but I recorded with my Canon HD camcorder my car and my wife's van (stock system) and through my computer speakers, they sounded identical, and they are soooooooo not in person. Maybe I tried recording at too loud of volume and the camcorder attenuated the difference. hmmmmm????
Thanks Jerry!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm, your center seems to be right above the speedometer?!? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I dont get what you are getting at? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
374 Posts
First off, thank you for the demo! I personally enjoy listening to people's cars whether it be on my PC speakers or not. You can hear a difference between systems. May it be accurate to the real reproduction, probably not. But its still nice.

I think they are just busting balls. Some of the people on here are so anti-video demo it isnt even funny.

I though, appreciate what you have done.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Acura RL
HU: Sound Monitor CDT-450x
DSP: Rane RPM88
Fronstage: Dynaudio esotar2 650, Dynaudio esotar2 430, Dynaudio esotar 330d
Subwoofers: Morel Ulitimo SC
Ampifiers: Steg CLasse A, Audison Thesis Sedici w/tomohaw chip, ARC Audio 4200se, Steg 2.02

Until I can paint the dash kit and do a walk through here are some pics of the trunk.

Enjoy!
Any pics of the front speakers and locations? Looks and sounds great!!!;)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First off, thank you for the demo! I personally enjoy listening to people's cars whether it be on my PC speakers or not. You can hear a difference between systems. May it be accurate to the real reproduction, probably not. But its still nice.

I think they are just busting balls. Some of the people on here are so anti-video demo it isnt even funny.

I though, appreciate what you have done.
Thanks man.. if you listen with some decent headphones, you could actually hear the midbass...

Any pics of the front speakers and locations? Looks and sounds great!!!;)
The midbasses are in super deadened doors, and the midrange and tweets are in the kicks with a panel that covers everything, so nothing is actually showing. They were aimed for the best compromise between frequency response and staging. After I have a little time to get that radio retrofited kit painted Id do a walk through.. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks man.. if you listen with some decent headphones, you could actually hear the midbass...
I can hear the midbass through my computer speakers. You can definitely tell the definition there.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Your Steg Class A looks way out of place and doesn't match the spirit of your install. Why don't you send it to me and in return, you'll have a brand new SE2300 heading your way :D

Nice install as usual ;)

Kelvin

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your Steg Class A looks way out of place and doesn't match the spirit of your install. Why don't you send it to me and in return, you'll have a brand new SE2300 heading your way :D

Nice install as usual ;)

Kelvin
Thanks Kelvin! The steg is my favorite amp of all times, that is why I have a NIB back up. ;) If you want it, you would have to rip it from my cold, lifeless fingers. hehe

1 - 20 of 50 Posts