DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks for all the kind words guys!! :)

Unfortunately I do not have an actual build log, just a few random pics here and there on the phone. I am actually changing a few things in the build, the car is actually in parts right now. Awaiting till after summer to put it all back together.. Hopefully I can make it a litttle bit better. ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sounds awesome! Are you doing anything to integrate the audio from the original nav radio back into the rest of the system or are you using only the sound monitor?

I am looking at getting an 06 RL but was hoping the stock head unit was decent enough to stick with for the time being and was going to process the car with a H701.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sounds awesome! Are you doing anything to integrate the audio from the original nav radio back into the rest of the system or are you using only the sound monitor?

I am looking at getting an 06 RL but was hoping the stock head unit was decent enough to stick with for the time being and was going to process the car with a H701.
His setup has changed since this.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Lucky for you, I know the RL inside out. hehe

First off, the factory radio is reallllly good. IT actually have balanced out!! :eek: If you want to tap it into the signal before the factory amp, you would need a Matt R line driver. I had that going to a Matt R modded dsp6 and it sounded awesome! You could also tap it into after the amp, but it wasnt as good IMO.

My navi still works, but I just dont hear it through the speakers. I was doing a build that spared no expense for the best sound possible. That is why I added the headunit. But you would be pleased with the facotry head unit, I'm sure. And be warned, it was very difficult putting in the aftermarket, and not all fit.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Whats funny is his car sounds almost exactly like the video sounds.. LOVe the CAR LOVE the VIDEO.... Congrats on finally finishing it!! And that other thing!
Well, in that case, I'm not going to waste anymore money on my system. I'm just going to steal some speakers out of a MacBook and play this video. LOL

Nice work. Looks good.

Jay

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Rise from the dead - Nice Chad!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts