DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother in law bought new 06 chevy crew cab a couple of weeks ago. Just got around today to installing his alpine 9835 and sirrius tuner pac. This truck is a pain in the butt. Everything went smooth as silk using digistar interface for onstar and door chimes. Door panes were a different story. Removing the door panes is much different then my 02. Instead of two 7mm screws holding panel on you have to deal with two 7mm screws one by door pull like older truck other under door lock slider (thats the one that threw me) one torx head on back of panel and one push clip at the front of the panel. Window, mirror and lock panel is not removable with door panel on. And the best part you need 3 sets of hands just to remove the wire modules from the switches. Put my old infinity 60.5 components in the stock locations. I told him if our cousin asked who put his in just not to say it was me, cuz I wont do another one for free. The local alpine dealer quoted him around 250 dollars to install including the digistar adaptor, dash kit and antenna adaptor. This install took me about 3 and a half hours. Major pain in the butt. I wouldn`t do it labor for what they wanted. Just happy he doesn`t want anything else in there.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hey you need to "hook him up" with some nice door pods! How do you like the PAC adapter? I generally tend to think the Navone Engineering unit works better and is much easier to install.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pac adaptor worked great simple install. Only thing needed was to run a constant 12v to hu. Only good thing about this truck is there is an amazing amount of space in the dash behind the hu. I just don`t like the way the door panel are removed. As for the pods, he is a simple type that doesn`t even want a sub not that there is any room for a decent sub setup, much less an full active setup up front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts