DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently re doing my sound system on my 06 F250 6.0 FX4 CREWCAB I currently have HU Kenwood DDX773BU , Memphis SRX 1.750d that powers my Dual 12tw3 d4 in my self made wedge box 36" wide 17" tall 4.5" deep at the top and 6.5" at the bottem. I also have Pioneers 6x8 ts-a6885r MB QUART PVL268 Components in the rear which replace the same type of Pioneers in the front doors although the pioneers sound better. all 4 speakers are power by the HU. I was going to replace the rear back to the Pioneers to get the better sound but I had a hunch that there was something more that could be done. I love my truck and I don't want to tear it up with cutting anything. Just the tought that I had to push back and cut the vents in the back to accomodate the subs drives me crazy every time I think about it. I'm currently installing sound deadner. I just purchase a new JL RD400 amp to power the coax speakers to see what kind of improvement i get with the amp. I also purchased 2 sets of Alpine S-R8 which are rated at 100w RMS. My diesel truck has 2 batteries and came with dual alternators so I'm replacing the 8AWG with 0AWG to the rear where my amps will be located and I'm also adding 0awg to my electrical system aka the BIG 3. I will like to hear any suggestions as to what could be done better than what I'm planning. I think I'm going to purchase an SMD dd1 to keep it from clipping and or I was thinking of purchasing the New JL amps VXi s to add DSP and would that be worth the money or should i look into other systems. Thanks

'

1 - 1 of 1 Posts