DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come and the wife agreed to have a little system in her car.

Knowing myself the install will not be little and the car will be running in EMMA next year with my wife competing.

The components

- Source: Sony GT800D
- Speakers: DLS RS5 5.25" 2 way splits (Might change soon)
- Sub: Most likely a JL 6" or 8"
- Amp: DLS Ultimate A8 (The little 4x40W monster)
- Wiring: QED & Ecosse

Some pics to get started

DLS A8 with a reference for size.

Yes I have gone mad. Placing a midbass on the a-pillar. Going to be mental to make it fit but its worth the effort.

Tying it all together, a brand new OEM Honda dash panel to allow for single and double din HU's

The build starts this weekend with wiring and ****. Midbass is already in the door but that will obviously change :twisted:

More updates this weekend.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Playing around in Bassbox Pro 6 and it looks like a 9l enclosure with a slot port is going to be the ideal enclosure for running a JL 6W3v2. Nice and smooth response curve with only 150W needed to make it sing.

The A8 makes bridged @ 4 ohms a wonderful 165 watts.

Seems like a match made in heaven.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Installed 2 JL 6w3v2's in the rear 6x9 locations of a Mini Cooper for a friend. Amazed with the results thus far. Simply "created" an enclosure with the area behind the panel and deadened inside and out. I am very impressed with these little subs and hope you'll enjoy them also.

·
Registered
806 Posts

Looks mighty familiar....

Do you happen to have the part number for the radio bezel? I'm slowly in the process of making one out of a spare that I picked up but I might be happier just buying one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The radio bezel took me 3 years to track down. The car is a RHD and the only ones i could find were crap.

This part is Honda OEM from Malaysia iirc.

Headunit is in and was a pain in the ass to fit. Took around 3 hours in total.

Love the design on your apillars.

Will post pics in the morning.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This build is progessing at a snail's pace. Had a 59 Corvette that kept me busy for a while. That and I busted my back up pretty bad on the first weekend of the install. Ended up in the ER on some pretty hectic painkillers etc etc.

Finally decided on a sub. JL Audio 8W7 in a spec built slot port enclosure. Should be more than good enough for a daily system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts