DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once upon a time i had a 2008 MKV Jetta, and i had the equipment listed in my signature installed in it. the car has since been sold and i moved on to other cars since. Now, early November i purchased a new car. New to me anyway. Its a 2006 VW Jetta GLI with a whopping 27k miles. Ill be posting pictures are i get the equipment. so far what i think ill have is active 3 way front stage, and a pair of subs n the trunk. all hopefully as stealth as possible.

Just last week i purchased a refurbished AVIC-8000NEX and the required Can-Bus adapter/module (RP4-VW11) for the car. I've had some bad luck as on my way home after installing it the night before the HU shut off on me. i tried to restart the car, disconnect the battery and reconnect it, hard reset the HU, reset the module, and no luck. I went to the shops where i purchased stand they have since given me some advice on what to while also placing an order for a new incase their advice doesn't work, or if it is the device that is faulty.

Pics soon to come of the car and of the install as i am able to.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
small update, still no pictures, my apologies. work and holiday shopping just is not giving up enough time to take pictures. i may just have to take them at night.

as far as the HU, the 8000NEX turned out to be faulty. so i talked to the shop in town. they credited me for the faulty hardware and with that i got a lower 4200NEX sans Navi, and they installed it for me.

The shop is great, but after some quick investigation, i learned why i like to do my own installs. They left out 3 screws when putting the trim pieces back together. luckily no rattles, but still frustrating that my car is now missing screws.

slow build coming along slowly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts