DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
My name is Mike, I'm from Ukraine and here is my small build-up log :)

The car is my 2007 Golf TDI:

I bought it in the end of 2007 year and it tortured me with sound from a stock speakers for an year before i finally decided to start my project :)
I own a small installation shop and a caraudio store and i'm a local Focal/Hertz/Audison dealer so now you know why i choose following great components: :D

HU: now it's my old Clarion 775, but i hope it will be this Becker 7945 that i want to buy used in great condition. Test fit:

(Of course it will be flush with a panel)

Front speakers will be Hertz MLK 165s ;)

Not sure about amps, will see :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Hi all!
My name is Mike, I'm from Ukraine and here is my small build-up log :)

The car is my 2007 Golf TDI:

I bought it in the end of 2007 year and it tortured me with sound from a stock speakers for an year before i finally decided to start my project :)
I own a small installation shop and a caraudio store and i'm a local Focal/Hertz/Audison dealer so now you know why i choose following great components: :D

HU: now it's my old Clarion 775, but i hope it will be this Becker 7945 that i want to buy used in great condition. Test fit:

(Of course it will be flush with a panel)

Front speakers will be Hertz MLK 165s ;)

Not sure about amps, will see :rolleyes:
BI-AMP THOSE SUCKERS!!! you will not regret it:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had absolutely no experience with A5 Golfs at the time i started my project.
I only knew that the midbass speaker must be located near the front of the door and not in the stock place :thumbsdown:

So i cut a hole in the door card where the speaker will be:

after that i found that in this car cutting a door metal in this place is absolutely impossible, because too many structures located there..:)

So, only way that left was the hardest: making enclosures under the door panel...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BI-AMP THOSE SUCKERS!!! you will not regret it:)
how do you think, 75W x 4 will be enough?? I have Focal FP 4.75 laying around :rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here i started:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And a new place for the tweeters:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I will be using the stereo channels of an Audison LRx5.1k active on my MLK 165's.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
how do you think, 75W x 4 will be enough?? I have Focal FP 4.75 laying around :rolleyes:
i have a set thats been in my car for a year,running on 75 watts/side.....but my friend's set is running bi-amped with 50 wrms tweets and 160 on the woofers....really makes a noticable difference! i decided to go that route also,but will try with and w-out the audison x-overs..;)
i would try that 4x75rms ....it may satisfy your needs...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just go the Audison Hertz combination.

I'm currently running my MLKs on an LRx5.1 bi- amped and it sounds great for me. For the substage, you can't go wrong with the ML 2500 or 3000. Good luck!

And post more pics :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When i listened last time MLKs with Audison Lrx combination (not biamped), i didnt like it too much for some reason.. I liked Focal FP ampliefer more. Don't know why, maybe it's just me, maybe it's because a HU (Clarion) maybe something else..
I decide to install the speakers first and then test amps in the car.
The amp for the front stage can be Focal that i already have, or some Lrx or even Vrx that is the best deal but too pricey :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the substage, you can't go wrong with the ML 2500 or 3000. Good luck!
:thumbsup:
I think i'll get ML2500, and i have some fresh (?) install ideas, but later about it ;)

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
does that door enclosure open up to the inside of the door?
the woofer likes ''seeing'' lotsa air space. and make sure your doors are well dampened or else they wont play the low notes with authority....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does that door enclosure open up to the inside of the door?
the woofer likes ''seeing'' lotsa air space. and make sure your doors are well dampened or else they wont play the low notes with authority....
I did a project in Speakershop and seems that this woofer likes 9-11 liters of volume.. Will see, now my box is fully closed (about 9 liters!!-i measured it with water) and it's easy to make an opening to door, especially if you know that Golf V's doors are opening from outside ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cool! I'll be watching out for this.

Also, if you have the time have a listen for the LRx 5.1 & MLK combo Bi- amped.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I did a project in Speakershop and seems that this woofer likes 9-11 liters of volume.. Will see, now my box is fully closed (about 9 liters!!-i measured it with water) and it's easy to make an opening to door, especially if you know that Golf V's doors are opening from outside ;)
cool 9 liters should do fine.....from the pics they looked like they were only 4-5 liters.....nevermind what i said,then..:blush:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks really good thus far.

Are you native from Ukraine? Always have been intrigued about Ukrainians.

That chick in the new transporter movie is friggin hot as hell! Natasha something rather. I would love to live over that way!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks really good thus far.

Are you native from Ukraine? Always have been intrigued about Ukrainians.

That chick in the new transporter movie is friggin hot as hell! Natasha something rather. I would love to live over that way!

Enjoy!
Yeah, you could say that i'm native ukrainian if i wasn't russian by nationality and born in former USSR :laugh:

What transporter movie??:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts