DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres my little slice of SQ build nirvana that I'm chasing.

vehicle is a 2007 Honda Element LX. You either love these or hate these! I LOVE THIS RIDE! its got a charm that only Honda Element owners appreciate.

The only down side for Car audio nuts is its one of the worse environments for audio bliss ive ever tackled. Noisy as hell, awful speaker placements.... and the whole interior is plastic. (reflections!!!!)

Anyhow heres a parts lists of what im trying to wedge in :

by the way all power provided by three Mosconi amps working their magic via a Mini DSP 6x8

front stage =

eBay "Alpine" forum boner tweeters
Morel CCWR254 mids
Peerless by Tymphany 830946 mid bass

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
baby kicker subwoofer in the front as my Aux sub... this sub will only be on when i haul DJ gear (main reason i bought the Element) my "main" sub will be an SI SQL 12 in a sealed Frostbite box. Its not all custom and fiberglassed like your used to seeing on here (maybe in the future) but its mainly due that it needed to be removable so i can haul gear.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I really like where this is going and yes those Elements are sweet when done right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: lucas569

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's a good looking sub enclosure! Nice job. Oops... didn't realize that was a pre-fab box. Nevertheless it looks nice.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's a good looking sub enclosure! Nice job. Oops... didn't realize that was a pre-fab box. Nevertheless it looks nice.
LOL all good, Frostbite Enclosures gets the credit for that...

EDIT

PS I forgot to add the box was built to my specs.... its not an off the shelf prefab

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well finally got it all wrapped up, Working in this heat was no picnic...had a hell of a time trouble shooting what i thought was a bad amp... turned out to be a bad RCA wire.... FML.... but i got all figured out. Now it needs tuning big time. A lot more sound treating as well. Element is basically a tin can on wheels. Honda really did make this as cheaply as possible. More pics coming soon... IMG_0340.jpeg IMG_3581.jpg IMG_3580.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts