DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it starts...First a little bit of background info. I used to compete in IASCA, and may continue doing so if my job permits. I used to be in the semi-pro street category. The head unit and sound dampening materials left over from the previous install will be utilized. As a matter of fact that build log along with finished pics is still up SQ Competition Install in '07 G35c...(56k go to SPL) - G35Driver.

The car:

The system:
Audio:
Clarion Pro Audio DRZ-9255
Tru Technology B475 (bridged on the tweeters)
Tru Technology B2110 (on the woofers)
Tru Technology B2200 (on the subs)
2 10" custom made Acoustic Elegance IB15's running infinite baffle
Morel Supremo 6 Sw mid/woofer
Morel Supremo Piccolo tweeter

Electrical:
Knukonceptz battery terminals, distro blocks and wire
Homemade RCA cables
Alumapro 15 farad capacitor
Optima yellow top battery under the hood

Acoustics:
Secondskin damplifier, damplifier pro and overkill pro
Head Acoustics[\url\ binaural dummy head coupled with EASERA software for tuning

So far the only thing done is the kick panel baffles and half the RCA's:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalhifi/3479567355/]

So stay tuned! I'll try to update whenever I have a chance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
nice car. I'll be follwing this. You got a lot of great equipment.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you prob have a reason but I thought I would ask, why are you putting more power on the tweets than the mids? Wouldnt it be better to bridge the 4-ch to the midbass and then run the 2-ch on the tweet?
So, the tweeters are 6 ohm, so they won't actually draw more power. But the real reason is both TRU amps are upgraded, and the 4 channel has analog devices op amps in the preamp section which are better for high frequencies than the burr brown op amps in the 2 channel.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
So, the tweeters are 6 ohm, so they won't actually draw more power. But the real reason is both TRU amps are upgraded, and the 4 channel has analog devices op amps in the preamp section which are better for high frequencies than the burr brown op amps in the 2 channel.
gotcha, I knew you had a reason, just thought I would find it out. I love the car, I have one myself

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just looked at your install on Driver, amazing work! I excited to see how the kick panels go and how you IB those two 10s. I have an extra set of OEM kick panels just begging to be fiberglassed.

Consider another G35er tuned in!

·
Registered
308 Posts
cant wait to see the complete project... i absolutely love the tru billets amp

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looking to be one hell of a build. Definitely something I'll be watching out for!

Sub'd

·
Registered
566 Posts
nice, i love 350z and g builds

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Couple of updates from the last few days here. The kickpanels are now molded, glassed and awaiting filler and sanding.

Molding the kicks to the floor using aluminum foil and painters tape. This was actually done about 2 years ago, but I kept the unused molds. The molds were attached to a set of factory kicks to maintain a uniform interior appearance and factory mounts.

Aiming the kicks. I've decided to go for an off axis set up here to maximize legroom and driveability since this is not only a daily driver, but a sports car. A grille will be fashioned from a template to fit inside the blue low heat plastic that forms the lip around the baffles.

High strength hot glue (Not the stuff your teachers used in kindergarten) was used to secure the baffles into the desired aiming positions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The kicks after a few coats of fiberglass. Fiberglass woven cloth was used due to its superior strength to weight ratio and "moldability" when compared to cheaper chop mat. Now just a little bit of work with the cut off wheel separates these from body filler.

The mock up of the false floor and the amplifiers. The larger sub amp will be placed in the center posing in all its glory. The two smaller amps will be at its side, but a little more towards the rear of the vehicle. The shapes on the right will be mirrored on the left side.

I'll be working more on the car next week, so stay tuned.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice car, nice equipment, looking forward for your build!

·
Registered
566 Posts

is that tommy kaira (sp?) in the middle?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts