DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on my installation of my single Alpine Type-R12 for the past two days. Yesterday I did all of the wiring and today I cleaned up the wiring and installed the sub.

RCAs in the dash:

Wiring under the drivers side kick panel (the power wire hasn't been run in any of these pictures:

Under the rear drivers side kick panel:

I wired this part directly inside of the wheel well between the actual metal and the trim:

Wiring under where the cargo tray would go:

The rubber plug I cut a hole into to enter the car through the firewall:

Another pic:

Amp in cargo tray (note where the wires enter/exit the tray:

Final Install sorry for the blurriness:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Last pic makes me feel like i'm drunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same place. I was worried about noise/interference, but the RCAs are VERY well shielded, so I thought I'd take a chance. I haven't noticed a problem yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't plan on doing that. I've already got Polk db in teh doors running off of whatever powered the factory speakers adn they do plenty for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A-Mart, x2 ProblemHouston, i'm not sure how is your setup going, i'm assuming all else is stock and you are just going for a bass upgrade? hmm well-shielded or not i think it best to get these right just to be sure, power lines away from the signal lines (if you are planning to do more major upgrades in future)

if not, then the heck with it, even if noise/whine does come in, not going to be audible in the frequencies played by the sub, so no worries;

and i like the last pic, drinks and good music is a solid combo!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only other upgrade, which is already done, was Polk components in the doors. There is no amp powering them, they're running off of what my stock speakers ran off of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, they're called Alice Tissue Forceps. They're a scissors type tool with a 'claw' on the end instead of blades to grip tissue. they helped extremely in threading the wire through some trim panels that I couldn't get off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where did you hook up your remote turn on wire? I'm in the process of doing pretty much the same build!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts