DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The mid-basses did not get here. But, I finished what I could on the doors and hooked up the amp. I can't believe how much bass is coming from the stock speakers. It's going to be great when I get some real drivers in there.

So, I am pretty sure that the RS225's will fit. But, it is soooo close. I won't know untill they get here Monday.

I had to remove quite a bit of "stuff" from the inside of the door panel after I closed the holes in the door. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

More photos:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am very impressed with the Dayton Mids and tweets. The RS225's Are NOT good for this usage. They are getting scrapped from this build. I am thinking about throwing down the money for a set of AD W800Neo. For the meantime, I threw a set of Crescendo UN8's in there and they work. Just not as low as I want to go.

I will use the RS225's for a center channel to go with my D3's I built decades ago. Hopefully the W800Neo will do the job. What was that saying? "Buy once, Cry Once, Enjoy for a Long Time..." <<- That's someone else's saying. Just dont remember who.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got some time in today. Got most of the amps mounted. That large open spot is for my JL 1000/1. I didn't put it in cause I don't have a box or subs yet. Future goals. Full layer of deadener and a sheet of mlv. The exhaust is less noisy now. And I don't even have the rear seats back in yet. Good stuff!

-Jay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update:

Coming along nicely. My focus swapped over to fabing some custom trunk boxes for a buddy the last two weeks. But, I'm back on track. I have had a little time to play with the tune. And I cant seem to get the RS100's the way I want them. So, I ordered a set of the RS100p. I would have bought them initially. But, they were not in stock. Hopefully they will have less breakup. The AD W800Neo are fantastic. I was a little nervous when I took them out of the box. They are very light and dont look or feel like they would put out much. They are VERY impressive. I have them playing down to 60hz on 24db/oct crossover. My little Dayton RSS210 under the dash takes over from there. Bass is very full all the way to 35hz. And plenty loud enough for my "Old Man" listening. I am still planning on getting a 12" sub for under the back seat for ~40hz and down. Here are my candidates so far:

SI BM MKV ( of course )
JL 12TW3
Sundown SD-4

Also, I can't stand the way my old single din Kenwood looks on the dash. I think I am going to try one of those Android HU that fits the dash.

7 Inch Android 10 Touch Screen Car Stereo DVD Player in Dash GPS Navigation for 2007-2013 Toyota Tundra/ 2008-2013 Toyota Sequoia Support Bluetooth/WiFi Hotspots/4G/OBD2/DVR/AV-IN:Amazon:Electronics

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Are you sure your back seat is going to fold up with those amps mounted where they are?
I am not! They will not quite fold up. The bottom of the seat frame contacts the slash amps.
The small seat fold up though!🧐

Time for some modification

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update:

I swapped out the RS100's for RS100P-4. What a difference. There was a harshness that was probably due to breakup that I could not tune out of those aluminum cones. All good now.

Also, I did the back seat Fold Down Mod. Worked like a champ. I just took a hammer to the hooks on the back wall and tapped them down untill the seat hook would slip over them.

-Happy Jay

21 - 31 of 31 Posts