DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the car audio game for a while, but I'm back and ready to get to work on this build. I went with a lot of Image Dynamics gear because I really liked their stuff back in the early 2000's from my elitecaraudio days. This will be my first time installing and tuning with a DSP, so it'll be a learning curve and we'll see if I remember how to do everything.

2008 4Runner Limited

Here's what I have ordered to be installed over the next few weeks:

HU
ATOTO F7 10.1"

AMPS
Image Dynamics Q450.4
Image Dynamics Q600.1

DSP
Dayton Audio DSP-408 4x8

SPEAKERS

ID CSX64 (active)
Image Dynamics IDMax 12 D2

WIRING
KnuKoncepts - 0 guage, disto blocks, rca

SOUND DEADENING
Noico Black 80 mil – 64 sq ft
Noico Red CCF - 36 sq ft

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yeah, sold the bronco over 13 years ago now but it lives on in my user name, lol.

I took a pretty long break from the hobby as well, just got back into it about this time last year. Funny how many things change and how much is the same.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I actually really enjoyed those CSX’s passive and active. They are a beefy set for sure. I haven’t really used my 450.4. I think you’ll really like this setup. It will sound very very clean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love seeing the shots of the gear piled up on the dining room table. Reminiscent of my wife saying “when are you gonna move all this crap?!”
I've learned my lesson, it didn't stay on the table very long :) Still waiting on the amps, should be here this week.

I'm still trying to decide on amp rack/sub box setup. A lot of the 4runner guys do something like this, but it would need to stick out further with the idmax depth and to get 1.3 ct ft. So I'm thinking a vertical amp rack in that location and a more standard sub box against the back seats that can be removed easily when I need to haul things.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We have a 4Runner and I built a standard sealed box that’s 1.3 as well. I have it pushed up against the driver side back seat with the amp sitting in the space between the box and seat. I have it to where the box can be removed easily and the amp stays where it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spent way too much time today installing the head unit. I’m not sure what they were thinking with the design. The screen isn’t removable and there’s no way to access the back to install a bracket or kit.

A trip to Lowe’s, some drilling, a little sawzalling and I got it mounted.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got similar gear waiting for the right 2018-2021 F150 Supercrew 5.0 2wd! I have an Atoto A6 Pro and Dayton Audio DSP-408.

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500
124 Posts
My first real system I had Image Dynamics chameleon components. I still have my ID Max 10. Maybe one day put it in use again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts