·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arc KS900.6 for Morel 9" Elate

Arc KS1000.1 for Morel Ultimo 12

Audio Control LC6i summing LOC

Audio Control DQX 31 band EQ

Factory head (has 9" screen w/nav & bluetooth)

I have no patience to stop and take pics so here's the end result!

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Weak... need more pics... where'd you put the 9's?

Stock mids and highs? They are pretty good...

Nice lookin trunk though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weak... need more pics... where'd you put the 9's?

Stock mids and highs? They are pretty good...

Nice lookin trunk though.
Thanks,

I should have been more specific. The 3-way Elates replace the front end.

The 9's went in the stock locations under the front seats.

Lots of bass up front.

I think a Bit One will replace the DQX when all its issues are figured out.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wait your midbass is under the seat :eek:
Yes that is where BMW puts the Mid bass drivers.

I would like to know how you got the 9" to fit. Did you cut the floor to make that opening bigger? PM me if you dont wish to share openly. Thanks. where is the Ultimo located?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm sure it is easy to fit Morel Elate dome mids into the OE locations... but the xover point for doing so is WAY too high. The handoff required for the dome mids forces way too many vocals under the seat. The dome just doesn't have the excursion of a cone (per Morel).

If you had used Morel Hybrid Ovation 4" components, and then put 9" under the seat, THEN you would have solved that problem. Until you do that, save the Bit One install, because it won't fix the biggest SQ problem in that system.

I guess the panels look nice if that is your preferred look... being an E9x owner, I would prefer to have more space and less vinyl to nick.

I prefer this trunk myself:

Non-invasive E90 audio upgrade - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

·
Registered
425 Posts
looks great. glad to see another bmw system.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure it is easy to fit Morel Elate dome mids into the OE locations... but the xover point for doing so is WAY too high. The handoff required for the dome mids forces way too many vocals under the seat. The dome just doesn't have the excursion of a cone (per Morel).

If you had used Morel Hybrid Ovation 4" components, and then put 9" under the seat, THEN you would have solved that problem. Until you do that, save the Bit One install, because it won't fix the biggest SQ problem in that system.

I guess the panels look nice if that is your preferred look... being an E9x owner, I would prefer to have more space and less vinyl to nick.

I prefer this trunk myself:

Non-invasive E90 audio upgrade - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
Funny you should mention the X-over point VP. I've got the Hybrid 4 mids being aired to me as we speak. I was "forcing" the domes to play lower than they like which at low volumes was fine but at higher volumes.... not so good.

That trunk was nice but I didn't want stealth. I wanted something that shows well, doesn't make my trunk useless & above all, suits the car.

Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts