DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a 3 day ISF full audio build.

Products:
JBL MS8
Hertz 6.5 Coaxial rears
Pioneer Stage 4 components running active
2 Audison LRx amps and a alpine PDX M12
2 Alpine Type R's
2nd Battery

I will break down the wiring diagram as best I can for future installers.

Removing door panels

Stock speakers vs aftermarket

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lines up with factory holes

Rear doors

Location behind the battery for 0 gauge

Dyanamt trunk

Amps

Stock amp

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is that an optical connector at the bottom left of the factory amp?

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
You go boy, do work son lol. Text me when you can.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
whys that pioneer speaker look like the surround is all crinkled. at first i thought it was ribbed or something but i looked closer and it does not look symetrical and it looks used, like from a previous install from the wear on the mounting locations. $60k car at least and second hand damaged equipment?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
whys that pioneer speaker look like the surround is all crinkled. at first i thought it was ribbed or something but i looked closer and it does not look symetrical and it looks used, like from a previous install from the wear on the mounting locations. $60k car at least and second hand damaged equipment?
Was wondering the same thing about the speaker surround. I saw a set of those on eBay a few days ago and they looked just like those.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I thought the same thing. Also, why using the factory mounting brackets for the speakers? Oh, and are you planning on more deadening for those front doors?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Love the ISF!!! I have a GS 350 AWD and I am finally getting close to being finished with installing my system. I don't have the ML system and I am really happy with the results thus far. I think that the ML system will require some summing to take place with the signals. If you need a wiring diagram I would check clublexus.com to see if someone has it as it will make things easier for you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That speaker looks used. You can see the black that has been removed from the result of bolting it down. It looks like the speaker has been tweaked... Maybe being mounted into a too small of a hole or something....

·
Registered
844 Posts
The crinkled surround does look odd and the speaker obviously has been used but does this really matter? I have the stage 4 set also and that midbass is a total badass performer.

OP, check your other thread you posted earlier about the wiring diagram. Expect problems using the MS-8 in this car. Been there done that in my IS.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I could care less if they are used, just wondering why the OP would choose to install damaged speakers and if they were going to be installed correctly?

·
Registered
844 Posts
That surround is a like a microfiber material. It's the softest, most compliant surround I've ever seen on a driver. Mine don't crinkle like that but maybe if the surround has been heat/sun aged or gotten wet, I could possibly see the crinkling occurring.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I thought the same thing. Also, why using the factory mounting brackets for the speakers? Oh, and are you planning on more deadening for those front doors?
That speaker looks used. You can see the black that has been removed from the result of bolting it down. It looks like the speaker has been tweaked... Maybe being mounted into a too small of a hole or something....

I could care less if they are used, just wondering why the OP would choose to install damaged speakers and if they were going to be installed correctly?
The owner had me install those mids in a 370z 7 months ago. After he sold the car he put them upside down in a box which I believe pushed on the surrounding. I noticed this when I took them out, however I have read that a lot of these do this from either storage or heavy use. If they sound bad after install I will recommending going with morel or CXS drivers.

Yes there is dynamat going on inside and out on those panels.

I could build my own brackets however with the holes lining up perfectly and giving me the clearance I need, I see why not use the stock ones. We will wrap them in dynamat before putting them back in.

The crinkled surround does look odd and the speaker obviously has been used but does this really matter? I have the stage 4 set also and that midbass is a total badass performer.

OP, check your other thread you posted earlier about the wiring diagram. Expect problems using the MS-8 in this car. Been there done that in my IS.
Did you turn off the cars DSP before calibration as you should? What did you end up running your sound processor from pre outs or speaker level?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So why you didn't build your own if you can? Take the MDF or plywood and cut the pods out, because using the stock ones even wrapped with dynamat it's for novices!!!

Are you novice? It seems that yes.

PS. pay more attention to deadening
That was the start of deadening just showing that yes we are doing dynamat. :)

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
So why you didn't build your own if you can? Take the MDF or plywood and cut the pods out, because using the stock ones even wrapped with dynamat it's for novices!!!

Are you novice? It seems that yes.

PS. pay more attention to deadening

Why would you waste the time to build something that is already built and working that came from the factory? Thats not novice, thats using your time wisely.

Adding MDF to a door isnt exactly the smartest thing to do in all situations. It swells and molds very easily unless you coat it with resin which then makes the car smell.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why would you waste the time to build something that is already built and working that came from the factory? Thats not novice, thats using your time wisely.

Adding MDF to a door isnt exactly the smartest thing to do in all situations. It swells and molds very easily unless you coat it with resin which then makes the car smell.

Yes I have had swelling issues as well!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Have you ever heard the saying " if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It is logical that if it is a workable solution, why not work it. Also you have to realize that there are several variables to this install that he is working around. As we all know the customer comes first and dollars dictate. I am sure that when he posts the build thread on his own car, his true worth will shine. I can afford whomever I want to work on my cars, I chose him and have not a moment of regret.
Benjamin Singleton
Singleton Investment LLC.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Speaker wires ran

Inside door

"I did not do the dynamat owner did"

Factory wiring harnesses

1 - 20 of 68 Posts